Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred denial

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred denial

I was thinking of waiting to get a CSP but I saw that they are offereing a 10 points deal in late November so I decided to go for it now so I could get my card in time.

Unfortuanately I was not successful as I got the 10 day message. 

I called the Recon line and was told that my credit looked fine but that my accounts were too small.  My accounts with longer histories have limits under $750.  My 3 newest accounts all have credit limits above of $3k or more (Amex Blue: $3K, US Bank Platinum: $4K, Citi Dividend: $3K) but the woman said that I had just opened these cards in September, so they couldn't take them into account because there was a long enough record of me using them responsibly. (She cited the Visa Signature $5k requirement)

It was quite the bummer, but I guess i can try again in 6 months. I can deal with not getting the 10 points from Chase (my Divident card is offering 5% cash back at electronics stores + 2% for Apple Store purchases) but I really wanted a card with no forex fees that would grow (my Cap One will be stuck at $2,750 forever, I'm sure).

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred denial

From what I have heard you should have at least one account with a $5,000.00+ limit first to be accepted for the CSP card. Chase is likely uneasy about approving people and having that be his/her first higher limit card. Garden for six months, see if you can get a CLI on any of your accounts and apply again then.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.