Regular Contributor
charyot77

Chase Sapphire Preferred denial

I was thinking of waiting to get a CSP but I saw that they are offereing a 10 points deal in late November so I decided to go for it now so I could get my card in time.

Unfortuanately I was not successful as I got the 10 day message. 

I called the Recon line and was told that my credit looked fine but that my accounts were too small.  My accounts with longer histories have limits under $750.  My 3 newest accounts all have credit limits above of $3k or more (Amex Blue: $3K, US Bank Platinum: $4K, Citi Dividend: $3K) but the woman said that I had just opened these cards in September, so they couldn't take them into account because there was a long enough record of me using them responsibly. (She cited the Visa Signature $5k requirement)

It was quite the bummer, but I guess i can try again in 6 months. I can deal with not getting the 10 points from Chase (my Divident card is offering 5% cash back at electronics stores + 2% for Apple Store purchases) but I really wanted a card with no forex fees that would grow (my Cap One will be stuck at $2,750 forever, I'm sure).

:smileysad:

Established Contributor
espnjunkie

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred denial

From what I have heard you should have at least one account with a $5,000.00+ limit first to be accepted for the CSP card. Chase is likely uneasy about approving people and having that be his/her first higher limit card. Garden for six months, see if you can get a CLI on any of your accounts and apply again then.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), US Bank Business
TU-778 (04/28/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+