Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred > Amex Platinum

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred > Amex Platinum

@kekrre wrote:

God I write long posts. Does anyone even read all of this?

Compared to the ultra short posts (i.e., "Amex Plat is da bomb!" and "CSP rules all!"), writing "too" long is certainly the lesser of two evils!

Jokes aside, you make some very good points.  Agreed that Citi has a fondness for encumbering their offerings with needless complexity.  On the surface, it seems the Prestige could be a good value if one were Citi Gold (or Private Bank) and spends around $100k per year.  Even after that, one needs to compare the value compared to the same spent on other programs.

Message 51 of 52
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred > Amex Platinum

This was a great thread! Excellent points regarding how to value perks and points. I've made the argument on this forum several times that you can easily get >3 cpm on your United miles (and sometimes Hyatt points), making even the 1% rate on a Freedom card equivalent to 3% if done correctly. This obviously depends on the person but it also makes me feel a lot better having >100k miles in the bank in case I need to take a last minute personal trip that could cost over $1k for a coach ticket but only 30k United miles.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.