Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred

i recently got denied the Amex Blue Sky and found out my experian score was 739. I am going to garden my current cards, but I was wondering if I should apply for the CSP before or after? My cards are:

Capital One Platinum MC, 1,500 CL, 4 years old

Chase Freedom Visa, 3,100 CL, 1 year old

Discover More, 750 CL, 9 mos. old

Macy's Store Card, 1,500 CL, 3 years old

I also have a few student loans for about 24,000 that i've been paying off for some months now and an auto loan that has been cleared since I totaled my car after about 4 months of payments.

My banker at my local Chase told me I was preapproved for the card and he said the hard pull is TU (credit karma has me at 749) Should I apply, and what are my chances of being approved?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

@Anonymous wrote:

i recently got denied the Amex Blue Sky and found out my experian score was 739. I am going to garden my current cards, but I was wondering if I should apply for the CSP before or after? My cards are:

Capital One Platinum MC, 1,500 CL, 4 years old

Chase Freedom Visa, 3,100 CL, 1 year old

Discover More, 750 CL, 9 mos. old

Macy's Store Card, 1,500 CL, 3 years old

I also have a few student loans for about 24,000 that i've been paying off for some months now and an auto loan that has been cleared since I totaled my car after about 4 months of payments.

My banker at my local Chase told me I was preapproved for the card and he said the hard pull is TU (credit karma has me at 749) Should I apply, and what are my chances of being approved?

1. You have a standing relationship with Chase with your Freedom card

2. Your scores are good on both Experian and Transunion

3. as long as your credit / debt ratio is good you should be looking good as long as your income is fine.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now my utilization is less than 10% and my income is 40,000. I also have a recently opened Chase checking account with $3,000 (and a BOA checking account as well). I am just worried because I heard since it is a Visa Signature card they're less likely to approve  you if you don't have any cards with a CL of $5,000.

Message 3 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right now my utilization is less than 10% and my income is 40,000. I also have a recently opened Chase checking account with $3,000 (and a BOA checking account as well). I am just worried because I heard since it is a Visa Signature card they're less likely to approve  you if you don't have any cards with a CL of $5,000.

I had a $1,500 credit card highest personal limit, Navy approved me with $17,000  , and Chase Sapphire at $5,000 and American Express BCP for $5,500 limits on the same day so to each is own, and remember that if you apply on the sameday they won't see what you were approved for anyways Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
ezef3ar
Contributor

Go for it you have a good chance to get approved for this card And let us know how it went
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah you guys have convinced me. I'm going to wait until December because then my freedom will be exactly 1 year old and hopefully I'll receive an automatic CLI. 

Message 6 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck in Dec

Message 7 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah you guys have convinced me. I'm going to wait until December because then my freedom will be exactly 1 year old and hopefully I'll receive an automatic CLI. 

this website is really funny people with good chances not wanting to take risks, and others who try every few months applying for cards they probably can't get =)

well good luck! in your case if you can't get approved i'll be surprised.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha I noticed that too. I guess I'd rather be one of the former rather than the latter. And thanks credit314 for some reason I feel like I'll need it. Maybe the Amex denial got to my head

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.