cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve Approval Odds?

@noobody wrote:
Exact 5/24 means you most likely been declined.
Other profile looks fine, chase exposure looks ok also.

@Anonymous, I have heard of nobody that has been declined @ the branch.  true its sucks not to have a pre-approval but that in no way means a denial unless something new happened in the past week that I did not hear about.  I have been telling everyone i know to get his thing

Message 11 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

I know what you mean bourg, I'm just now getting into the travel rewards and Chase UR is by far the best rewards program I've come across so far. With the CSP and Freedom bonuses I was able to discount my Disneyworld vacation last year by quite a bit. 

This time, I'm doing what I can to rack up at least 600,000 UR points for a trip to Paris. So getting the CSR card would definitely put some wind in those sails.

It would suck if I get declined in branch due to the 5/24 rule. If it comes down to it, I'll have to plead my case as to why that rule should be override (if that is the only thing to hold me back).

Starting Score (Average) | Current Score (Average) | Goal Score (Average): 750

Current Credit Cards: BofA Cash Rewards: CL - $9,200 | Chase Freedom: CL - $3,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: CL - $9,000 | Delta American Express SkyMiles Card: CL - $16,300 | Goldenwest Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $7,500 | Mountain America Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $10,000 | RC Willey Credit Card: CL - $3,000 | Synchrony Bank /Cards: CL - $7.000
Total CL: $65,000 | Utilization: 12.13%
Message 12 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@RKintaudi wrote:

I know what you mean bourg, I'm just now getting into the travel rewards and Chase UR is by far the best rewards program I've come across so far. With the CSP and Freedom bonuses I was able to discount my Disneyworld vacation last year by quite a bit. 

This time, I'm doing what I can to rack up at least 600,000 UR points for a trip to Paris. So getting the CSR card would definitely put some wind in those sails.

It would suck if I get declined in branch due to the 5/24 rule. If it comes down to it, I'll have to plead my case as to why that rule should be override (if that is the only thing to hold me back).

OK, I'll bite - how on earth are you going to get together 600K points?  totally serious.  lol.  I go to paris every year as I have a place on rue cler to stay and I still fly economy on the A380, flown all 3 classes and I just cannot justify blowing out all my miles on better booze and hot towels but I digress.  it's a single hp, 2 worst case.  sometimes you have to just pull the trigger and I think based on what I am reading this is one of those times.  life is not a dress rehearsal

Message 13 of 45
red259
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@noobody wrote:

@Anonymous, I have heard of nobody that has been declined @ the branch.  true its sucks not to have a pre-approval but that in no way means a denial unless something new happened in the past week that I did not hear about.  I have been telling everyone i know to get his thing

Many people have been declined at the branch. 5/24 applies there as well. If OP is actually 5/24 than chance of approval are not that great to say the least. If some of those five cards are business cards, AUs or store cards then maybe it will be worth it. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

My plan for 600,000 UR points? Spend and pray is my plan, haha.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that I can get this CSR out of the way so I get 100,000 out of the 600,000 needed. I already have 100,000 stashed away, so that would make it 200,000. For the remaining 400,000 I'll have to get very creative with my spending.

At this rate I can rack up about 100K points per year just through my regular spending, so in two years, I'll be at 400,000. If anything I'll have to get my fiancee into the travel rewards game and get her on the CSR and Freedom Unlimited Cards to have any real shot at 600,000.

Since that vacation to Paris would most likely be our honeymoon, I'm assuming flying economy would not fly (pun intended) with my fiancee

Any tips on how to rack up more points would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Current Credit Cards: BofA Cash Rewards: CL - $9,200 | Chase Freedom: CL - $3,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: CL - $9,000 | Delta American Express SkyMiles Card: CL - $16,300 | Goldenwest Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $7,500 | Mountain America Credit Union Visa Rewards: CL - $10,000 | RC Willey Credit Card: CL - $3,000 | Synchrony Bank /Cards: CL - $7.000
Message 15 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@noobody wrote:

Many people have been declined at the branch. 5/24 applies there as well. If OP is actually 5/24 than chance of approval are not that great to say the least. If some of those five cards are business cards, AUs or store cards then maybe it will be worth it. 

'have been' covers a wide range.  I would expand on what I said that if the profile supports it one can bypass 5/24 at the branch.  I was over 5/24 for my csr as well as a csp and ink, instant on all 3.  I know 6 people that have gotten the csr in the same manner after the pre-approval vaporized last month, nobody was declined, all instant but one

Message 16 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@noobody wrote:

They're all bank/credit union credit cards :/

Message 17 of 45
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@RKintaudi wrote:

My plan for 600,000 UR points? Spend and pray is my plan, haha.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that I can get this CSR out of the way so I get 100,000 out of the 600,000 needed. I already have 100,000 stashed away, so that would make it 200,000. For the remaining 400,000 I'll have to get very creative with my spending.

At this rate I can rack up about 100K points per year just through my regular spending, so in two years, I'll be at 400,000. If anything I'll have to get my fiancee into the travel rewards game and get her on the CSR and Freedom Unlimited Cards to have any real shot at 600,000.

Since that vacation to Paris would most likely be our honeymoon, I'm assuming flying economy would not fly (pun intended) with my fiancee

Any tips on how to rack up more points would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

ha, I thought you had all the answers lol.  well one way to get 55K in two years is to downgrade your csp to a no-af cs and app for another csp in 2 years.  of course there will be someting else out by then so you might be able to app for both.  you know all this theory about branch this or that is just that - theory.  you, a banker, a hp and pressing the enter key will be the only true answer to the question.  2 movies to get you in the mood, both 180 apart.  midnight in paris and elle which you can see in some theaters now.  go get the card and report back already.  PARIS!

Message 18 of 45
red259
Super Contributor

@RKintaudi wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@noobody wrote:

They're all bank/credit union credit cards :/

Yea its most likely to be a decline to be honest. I mean you could always take a shot and hope for the best especially if you are trying to get the 100k signup. The inq will drop off eventually but if you are worried about inqs at all then maybe you are better off passing. When I apped for mine I knew there was a risk of denial but for me I'd rather have taken the inq and know I tried than let the 100k go. Then again I have most the cards I want so inqs aren't that important to me. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 19 of 45
RKintaudi
Established Member

@Bourg, yeah, I'm still researching ways to fill in the gaps, haha, I'm not even close to having all the answer.

But yeah, I gotta go for it. I'll apply at the close of this billing cycle and will report back on whether I'm approved. 

I'll have to keep that in mind, downgrading to a regular chase sapphire and re-applying for sapphire preferred in a couple of years.

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.