cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve CK says very good odds .... Do I trust ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve CK says very good odds .... Do I trust ??

I don't know. Well for me the recommendations tab was a cap1 card. So after I seen that on CK. I went to cap1 site pre-qualify and it told me I only am able to get a secured card. So so I went ahead anyway, I was approved.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know. Well for me the recommendations tab was a cap1 card. So after I seen that on CK. I went to cap1 site pre-qualify and it told me I only am able to get a secured card. So so I went ahead anyway, I was approved.

Get yourself a total of 3 credit cards from friendly banks.  Capital One is great to grow with.  You can increase your deposit up to the deadline as long as you don't activate the card after receiving it.  Once activated, you can't increase the deposit.

Discover Secured is a fantastic card, I love mine.  Easy to increase credit limit with additional deposits over time and 2-4% cash back the first year.

Once you have 3 cards reporting your scores will go up.  Also make sure to have an installment loan reporting if you don't have one.  The Alliant SSL is cheap, easy, popular and no hard pull for an individual applicant.

Message 12 of 18
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a relationship with Chase, check your offers on login.  If you don't, sign up for CCJ and monitor if it offers you any prequalification offers which appear to be stronger than other sites but of course not guaranteed.

CCJ???
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Journey.

It's a useless VantageScore but they will get you in for Chase pre-qualifications.  I never saw a pre-qual on that site until last week and apped and was approved.  Within 2 days of approval, the pre-qual disappeared.

Message 14 of 18
etstrong98
New Contributor

I never trust/ liked CK they always recommend that a "History of on-time payments will improve my score"... I don't have a single late payment on my profile on any open or closed accounts with a 7+ year history. any they never recommend me for anything past a credit one or secured card. Even while i was receiving pre-approval in the mail. go to Chase pre-approval site.

FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Message 15 of 18
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase Credit Journey.

It's a useless VantageScore but they will get you in for Chase pre-qualifications.  I never saw a pre-qual on that site until last week and apped and was approved.  Within 2 days of approval, the pre-qual disappeared.

Was the Pre-Qual for the CSR or a different card?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd suggest never looking at "approval odds" from CK or anywhere else.

Message 17 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@User470766 wrote:

Hey Guys, 

I've come a long way in the last 3-6 month with my credit and Im currently sitting at the following scores : EQ 659, TU 641 & EX 621. I just got approved for the Capital One VentureOne card yesterday with $2K limit. This is my first decent card other than the CAP1 QS1 & CAP1 Platinum. 

So today I wanted to see if there were any other offers than can increase by available credit and give me a better buying power but I dont intended to use them other than to rotate bills and pay in full. So today I look at credit karma and it says I have very good odds for the Chase Sapphire Reserve but yet poor changes for every single other Chase card. Keep in mind I settled three old Chase accounts from 4 years ago a month ago. Could it be true ? 

Inquiries dont really hurt me because my current number is high already and actually my score went up 6 points with the inquirty on EQ... go figure. 

So do I go for it ??

CK "odds" are off. They do have a pre-qual and you should use that. You can prequal for Chase, Amex, and Cap1 cards.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.