Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum! I've been doing a lot of research on credit scores and I thought I'd finally join this forum to have conversations with you all as well. I'm excited! This will also serve as a way for me to learn more about credit and credit cards, and keep track of my credit s score and (hopefulyy) watch it grow.

Anyway. today I applied for ang was approved for a CSR with a 10k limit and 24% APR. I expexcted this as I don't have perfect credit, and have had some uglies in the past but they are mostly off my report.

My question is: Does Chase increase credit lines, and lower APR as the years go by and you improve your creditworthiness ? And more generally, do all CC companies do this ?

Thanks in advance!

--

Angel

Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10k I Chase Freedom Unlimited: $4.5K I Capital One Platinum: $2.5K I Capital One Quick Silver: $2.5k I JetBlue Card: $1k I Walmart Credit Card: $5.5k I Dell Financing: $2k I

TU: 741 (9/15/2017)

EQ: 701 (9/15/2017)

EX: 702 (9/15/2017)

FICO: 717(9/12/2017)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve CLI

Welcome to the forum, and to the chase family! I'm pretty new to chase myself and have a similar history to yours, but it seems chase likes to hand out ugly apr's like what you got, they gave me 23.something% on a $5k CSP and I've seen similar results from others including those without baddies.

As I understand it an auto-cli from chase is fairly rare but they can happen after 180 days. You can request a CLI though it will be a hard pull. I'm sure those with more chase experience can chime in. If I don't see an auto by 180 days I'm going to try for a HP cli myself, quickly discovered that a 5k limit doesn't really cut it when your booking hotel & airfare for a family all at once!
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome and congrats on the approval!

Yes, Chase does have auto CLIs, SP CLIs offers and HP CLIs.  Make a good use of it and pay ontime and it will happen eventually.

Message 3 of 22
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum! I've been doing a lot of research on credit scores and I thought I'd finally join this forum to have conversations with you all as well. I'm excited! This will also serve as a way for me to learn more about credit and credit cards, and keep track of my credit s score and (hopefulyy) watch it grow.

Anyway. today I applied for ang was approved for a CSR with a 10k limit and 24% APR. I expexcted this as I don't have perfect credit, and have had some uglies in the past but they are mostly off my report.

My question is: Does Chase increase credit lines, and lower APR as the years go by and you improve your creditworthiness ? And more generally, do all CC companies do this ?

Thanks in advance!

--

Angel

Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10k I Chase Freedom Unlimited: $4.5K I Capital One Platinum: $2.5K I Capital One Quick Silver: $2.5k I JetBlue Card: $1k I Walmart Credit Card: $5.5k I Dell Financing: $2k I

I've never cared what my APR is and thus have never asked Chase to lower it. It may have even been automatically changed in the past on one of my cards and I wouldn't have noticed.

For CLIs, I've never seen one unless I request it. They always oblige when I do ask, though.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Welcome to the forum, and to the chase family! I'm pretty new to chase myself and have a similar history to yours, but it seems chase likes to hand out ugly apr's like what you got, they gave me 23.something% on a $5k CSP and I've seen similar results from others including those without baddies.

As I understand it an auto-cli from chase is fairly rare but they can happen after 180 days. You can request a CLI though it will be a hard pull. I'm sure those with more chase experience can chime in. If I don't see an auto by 180 days I'm going to try for a HP cli myself, quickly discovered that a 5k limit doesn't really cut it when your booking hotel & airfare for a family all at once!

@ SlightlyRemoved :

Thank you!

Yeah, I wonder what goes into calculating the minimum CL-- in numerous forums I've seen people with lower credit scores than mine get approved for $15k~ 20k CLs with CSR.

Anyway, thanks for the response-- I hope to see a CLI as I become a more seasonsed user.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome and congrats on the approval!

Yes, Chase does have auto CLIs, SP CLIs offers and HP CLIs.  Make a good use of it and pay ontime and it will happen eventually.

Thanks for the reply!

I hope it happens sooner rather than later~

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know~

thanks for the info!

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

--

Angel

I've never cared what my APR is and thus have never asked Chase to lower it. It may have even been automatically changed in the past on one of my cards and I wouldn't have noticed.

For CLIs, I've never seen one unless I request it. They always oblige when I do ask, though.

Message 7 of 22
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I have heard Chase to be rare in their auto CLIs but personally I received auto CLIs on both my Freedom and Freedom Unlimited from 2k to 3k after 3 months of them being opened. Havent had any since though :/

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know, Mkhan1093.. I'll just pay on time and hope for the best!
Message 9 of 22
Leonardc2
Valued Member

Just signed n and noticed 3k auto cli on CSR.  Might be because they noticed my FICOs now 834/817/836. Lol

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.