Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve real application link is now live

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve real application link is now live

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Apped anyways, cause I guess I like abuse. 7-10 message.

Laaaaame.

Might app for one of the non 5/24 cards to get use out of the pull.

yeah I am debating that too - maybe pick up a Disney or AARP to use as a CLI on CSP or FU in a few months lol

If you call automated status line as I did, and if it said 2 weeks it's most likely a approval, just not in the system yet

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 51 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied, declined too many in 24 months. Applied for Marriott business to try to get use out of my HP. Also, upgraded CSP to the CS(R). I'll downgrade next fall and apply for bonus.

Message 52 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant approved, $19.1k CL, ~745 across the board. $88.3k income.

Here's the interesting bit regarding 5/24: I'm somewhat at 5/24. However, one of those is an Amex that is back-dating to prior to 24 months ago. Also, my oldest app in 24 is my CSP, which was 8/9/14.

So the 5/24 either:

A) Doesn't catch AMEX cards that backdate

B) 24 months means exactly 24 months down to the day and not month as a whole

C) Possibly both

Message 53 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied, declined too many in 24 months. Applied for Marriott business to try to get use out of my HP. Also, upgraded CSP to the CS(R). I'll downgrade next fall and apply for bonus.

If you PC it, I'm guessing you have to pay the $450 AF on the first statment as CSR, right?

Message 54 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

need some quick insight

is the 5/24 rule for chase more than 5? or more than or equal to 5. i'm currently 5/24 right now. AMEX JUST POSTED MY BCE TODAY. OF ALL DAYS.

Message 55 of 261
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
No luck on branch pre-approval. Banker said I was the first one to ask about it in my branch.

Really irritates me that they are enforcing the 5/24 now but didn't for those that applied via a leaked link.  I'm glad for them but to me it's punishing those that had to wait for a legitimately released link.

Guess it's PC time.

So if we PC then we can close CSR and re-app for it (and grab whatever bonus they are offering at the time - hopefully 100k) the day we are 5/24?.  What a pain. I'm in.  Planned on closing CSP and PRG for it so I'll save some $ PC'ing.  Just cringing missing out on that bonus. Oh well, I'll be 5/24 in 18 months.

It won't be a new account so won't affect our x/24.

I'll have to app for an increase since I was approved for CSP with a less than perfect EX. I'm clean now so should be good to go. Only 17 inq's on EX, lol.

Going to be a wave of PC'ers so it's very smart of Chase. Give out the product to us travellers without handing us the Bonus.  Heck, if you're new and stay at 3 hotel chains, fly 3 airlines, have some MR/UR cards, You are probably at least 8/24.  Smart of Chase.

I think I'll give it a few days and see how the apps go, then PC away.

Message 56 of 261
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

need some quick insight

is the 5/24 rule for chase more than 5? or more than or equal to 5. i'm currently 5/24 right now. AMEX JUST POSTED MY BCE TODAY. OF ALL DAYS.

I applied at 5/24 and got approved. But my application was in branch. My 2 cents, go in branch and ask to see your pre approvals. If the CSR shows up, then apply. If you don't care about wasting an inquiry, full steam ahead!

Message 57 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Instant approved, $19.1k CL, ~745 across the board. $88.3k income.

Here's the interesting bit regarding 5/24: I'm somewhat at 5/24. However, one of those is an Amex that is back-dating to prior to 24 months ago. Also, my oldest app in 24 is my CSP, which was 8/9/14.

So the 5/24 either:

A) Doesn't catch AMEX cards that backdate

B) 24 months means exactly 24 months down to the day and not month as a whole

C) Possibly both

If an Amex card shows as opened longer than two years ago it doesn't matter whether it's via backdating or not, it won't count towards the 5/24

Message 58 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly. It's pretty easy to catch if you look at it though, since its not like it didn't just not magically report until 13 months after opening lol

Message 59 of 261
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am at 5/24. went to branch and showed no preapprovals. did your branch show preapproval?

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

need some quick insight

I applied at 5/24 and got approved. But my application was in branch. My 2 cents, go in branch and ask to see your pre approvals. If the CSR shows up, then apply. If you don't care about wasting an inquiry, full steam ahead!

Message 60 of 261
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.