Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserve......

tag
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve......

People that have been in pending since the leak are getting approval notices today according to recent posts in Reddit. This bodes well for the rest of us. 

Message 11 of 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@lokobo wrote:
3 UR pts/$1 at restaurants and travel without a limit is just awesome. After Citi Firward and now that Citi Prestige is being nerfed, this will fill that void for me. And UR points are arguably the most valuable over TY and MR right now.

As I stated I don't use the partners really and as such I don't value UR as much ....  I have been preferring TY the most for me.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 12 of 38
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditaddict is right. I try to use my Ritz for hotels only since points are 5 compared to getting 1 or 2 on day to day stuff.
My best UG ever was at St Louis Ritz where I was given the Ritz-Carlton suit ie "presidential suite" that runs 2000 a night. I paid 300 for my night.
The only time I use my Ritz for food is at "fancy" restaurants.
I just hope the CSR is hands down better than the prestige so I won't feel guilty dropping a 35k credit line.

I don't no how it could be better once the sign-up bonus is used up.  It just becomes a 3x and 3x card that needs spend for benefits while the Prestige gives you a 4th night free without needing points or spend.  It also gives you 3x and 2x for the same catagories, so CSR gives 1x more for dining.  So for $50 more cost Prestige still goes on top for the one who keeps their cards.  

CSR portal gives you .25% more in airline purchase through portal 1.50 vs 1.25

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 13 of 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anybody who redeems 100k for 1k cashback is leaving money on the table when you can redeem for 1.5k cash equivalent travel on ultimate rewards portal.

That is straight up travel credit, not transferring to partners. It pretty much makes most of their partners redundant since 1.5 cents per ur is worth more than 1 Point on nearly every partner program

If I do app for this card it will be to churn it ... Don't value UR as much and I am putting all my spending on my citi TY premier.  I rather get 40,000-50,000 TY points than UR for myself at least and as such would either end up using it as CB for a gross profit of $550 after using the $450 to pay off the AF and than PC it to ummm a CSP ( or close one of my other cards).

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 14 of 38
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditaddict is right. I try to use my Ritz for hotels only since points are 5 compared to getting 1 or 2 on day to day stuff.
My best UG ever was at St Louis Ritz where I was given the Ritz-Carlton suit ie "presidential suite" that runs 2000 a night. I paid 300 for my night.
I just hope the CSR is hands down better than the prestige so I won't feel guilty dropping a 35k credit line.

I don't no how it could be better once the sign-up bonus is used up.  It just becomes a 3x and 3x card that needs spend for benefits while the Prestige gives you a 4th night free without needing points or spend.  It also gives you 3x and 2x for the same catagories, so CSR gives 1x more for dining.  So for $50 more cost Prestige still goes on top for the one who keeps their cards.  

+1

the Prestiege is in my horizon .... in the next year or 2.  Better card overall IMHO if you want to keep it even post nerf.

Message 15 of 38
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

With this card now I can downgrade my CSP to F or FU and Chase is going to get all of my spend which will further boost my UR points and put me closer to a premium reward. I already have 100k UR. Bring on the points. Hopefully will touch 250k by mid of next year with all the bonuses.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 16 of 38
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Ignoring the AF who here actually looked at the card and said Meh?

Does it really matter?  No card is one-size-fits-all so any card out there will have its fans and detractors.  If any card is meh for you then move on.

Message 17 of 38
noobody
Established Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to agree with redpat here.

There is not much perk without spending, no "dinner on us", 4th night free, hotel/car rental status,

I would treat it like a 150AF card with 1X UR on dinning compare to CSP

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

pretty meh card for me. will most likely downgrade after year 1

Message 19 of 38
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not the same categories. Citi's Prestige 3x is for air and hotel. Chase's 3x is for anything travel related. This includes transportation, parking, etc. 

And these threads are redundant because in the end you will choose because of the travel partners. You don't like Chase UR, don't get it. It's simple. But looking at the cards for the benfits and the earnings, CSR wins. And every blogger agrees. But in the end, it's all up to the card user..........like it's always been.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.