Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

Hey guys

So two days ago (when I thought I would be going on vacation in the near future) I applied for the Chase Sapphire card for the 10,000 sign-up bonus. Though I know the Chase Sapphire Preferred is the better deal, I really can't forsee me spending $3000 in the first 3 months, or willing myself to spend it on gift cards i'll "eventually" use. Plus I don't want to go through the whole rigamoro of downgrading/cancelling the card to avoid the annual fee. I already have a Chase Freedom with some UR points so that's the reason why I decided to go for the Sapphire. I've been wanting a real travel card anyways! Even if I get declined, I've secretly been wanting the Capital One VentureOne, so it's not the biggest deal in the world!

After applying, I received the "your application must be further reviewed..." and calling so far to check the automated status gives me the same thing, you're being reviewed, you'll get a response in approximately 2 weeks.

Anyone have any advice/input on whether or not I'll be approved? My signature has my cards so far. Here's also some additional info:

AAoA 1 year 7 months

Oldest Account 2 years 5 months

Utilization 4%

Likely pulled Experian, 4 credit inquiries, 2 recently from August

100% Payment History, no baddies

Also have a Student loan at about $14,500, deferred

Annual Income $116,400

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

I reckon you will get it since your file and income are decent. Having a card with them for a year will also help you in getting the approval. In my experience, whenver the status line gives the "in two weeks" line, it means you will be approved. You could try ringing them to have the application processed in real time, but you should have nothing be concerned about.

Message 2 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

I've been reading the forums and seen this concensus, but still wasn't sure since a lot of the approvals were usually from people with much longer credit histories, though varying "baddies" (e.g. too many cards from Chase, previous late payments, large number of credit inquiries). Also have seen the few and far between with people with 800's getting denied, but I'm sure if they recon'd could've got it. So thanks!

Message 3 of 27
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you'll be approved. If you don't hear anything in another two days or so, try one more call. I got a 7 to 10 day message, called after 3 or 4 days, and while the initial rep I spoke to didn't have an answer, she transferred me to a very nice guy who asked a few questions, then put me on hold, then said I was approved.  Best of luck.

Message 4 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You might have already maxed out Chase's internal limit. Chase considers the total amount of credit you have with them, not per account basis. You already have $7,000 Chase Freedom in your hand. It is possible that Chase does not feel comfortable extending any more credit to you.

Call the backdoor number. If needed offer to transfer a portion of CL from Freedom to Sapphire.

Saphhire is not a travel card (3% FTF and no bonus spending on travel). BofA Travel Rewards will be better than VentureOne, since former has EMV and better reward payout (3X if buying tickets through BofA, 1.5X otherwise).

Message 5 of 27
YahComb
Established Contributor

When i got the two weeks message, i called the recon backdoor, they told me i needed to call verification.

You will probably get offers to upgrade to Csp with the first year af waived. Id consider building up points and then making the switch to try out csp for a year.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 27
toful
Established Member

Adding on to the discussion, I just applied for the preferred and also got the two weeks message

Utilization: 3%

AAoA: 8 mo

Income: 57K

Oldest Account: 1 Yr 8 Mo

Paying Car loan since May 12

100% on time

5 inq, recent card on 10/1

Here's to both of us making it in!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 7 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Best of luck, toful! Just called the auto app line again, still same message Smiley Sad then again it is a Sunday!

Message 8 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Best of luck, toful! Just called the auto app line again, still same message Smiley Sad then again it is a Sunday!

Call the backdoor number. There is no point to call the status line. Chase usually denies people if you don't talk to its credit analyst.

Message 9 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

I was going to, but since I'm not going on vacation in the near future I don't mind one way or another if it gets approved or declined whilst in purgatory, especially since I wanted the Capital One VentureOne instead for no annual fee travel. Was just wondering what the chances were! I actually planned on gardening for a while until a majority of my inquiries drop off! Thank you though!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.