cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

tag
toful
Established Member

Re: Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

Have you checked your Chase account? I just did and even though I haven't gotten an approval, a Chase Sapphire credit card account is showing up when I login. Does this mean I was approved?! I sure hope so Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 11 of 27
toful
Established Member

I called the status line to check and I was approved for $5K. Best of luck to you! You definitely have a more credit worthy history than me, you should definitely be getting it!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 12 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Congrats toful! No luck yet Smiley Sad just called and logged into my Chase account, nada! Will keep checking!

Message 13 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Still waiting and seeing! To all the people who have done the sit and wait method: how long did you wait? Did you receive a denial, or receive any paperwork that you had to send in? What did this paperwork consist of? Or did it just take a really long time for them to say "approved"! I also think it doesn't help that I'm not currently at my home address and landline, and won't be until late tuesday night/early wednesday morning!

Yes, I know I could call in to get a response and expedite the process. Yes, I know it'll save me a lot of worrying. I just don't mind one way or another how it goes, and besides, I'd like to see what the "wait and see" method entails! Likely can write a thread/blog on how that works, since there are tons of recon ones already!

Message 14 of 27
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Well, after reading your post I decided to app Chase Sapphire to replace my Citi Forward. Although Citi Forward is a better card in every way (better reward and constant 0% offer), I want to consolidate some of my CCs to Chase.

I got the 5-7 days messages and called in using the backdoor number. Approved once analyst reviewed my application for $5,000.

Message 15 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

That's great! I'm really interested to see what happens to people who call in to check status and answer simple questions vs. denial then recon vs. sit and waits! Let's see what happens!

Congrats on your new card :3

Message 16 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

Something doesn't add up, your planning a trip soon, and it's the holiday season.... I make half of what you make a year and can EASILY spend $3,000 in 3 months.... That's only $250 a week, with a annual income over 100k just gas, groceries, and eating out a couple times week would more than hit 3k in 3months for the bonus?? also the Freedom points you have saved transferred over will get 25% more points off the CSP. It's a no brainer imo that you should opt for the CSP instead.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 17 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@distantarray ehh yeah i guess you're right...i guess i'm not thinking straight...i'm usually a frugal person but with groceries gas and of course the holidays and other stuff etc. i can work my way to $3,000 in 3 months Smiley Tongue i'm also not planning on going on vaca as I believed I would, but since the points don't expire I could always use them toward conference travel for Jan 2014 or last minute plans!

too late now! regular sapphire is already in the works. i think once my inqs age in EX i may give CSP it a whirl! thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@distantarray ehh yeah i guess you're right...i guess i'm not thinking straight...i'm usually a frugal person but with groceries gas and of course the holidays and other stuff etc. i can work my way to $3,000 in 3 months Smiley Tongue i'm also not planning on going on vaca as I believed I would, but since the points don't expire I could always use them toward conference travel for Jan 2014 or last minute plans!

too late now! regular sapphire is already in the works. i think once my inqs age in EX i may give CSP it a whirl! thanks for your input Smiley Happy

not too late to pc it once approved Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 19 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

not too late to pc it once approved Smiley Tongue

Very true! Hopefully they'll give me the sweet sign up bonus too Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.