Reply
Valued Member
mgeorges
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎05-26-2009

Chase Sapphire Upgrade???

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?

Valued Contributor
tntexans72
Posts: 1,070
Registered: ‎04-24-2008

Re: Chase Sapphire Upgrade???


mgeorges wrote:

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?



You are already in with Chase Freedom - I would use the card and app for the Sapphire after 6 months so you can get the Sapphire sign up bonus. Upgrading your Freedom card will not allow you to get the bonus.

Valued Member
mgeorges
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎05-26-2009

Re: Chase Sapphire Upgrade???


tntexans72 wrote:

mgeorges wrote:

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?



You are already in with Chase Freedom - I would use the card and app for the Sapphire after 6 months so you can get the Sapphire sign up bonus. Upgrading your Freedom card will not allow you to get the bonus.


Thank you for the response.

 

I will probably wait about a year and apply for the sapphire.

 

I want to be sure I can get it because I will have solid history with chase. 

Valued Contributor
tntexans72
Posts: 1,070
Registered: ‎04-24-2008

Re: Chase Sapphire Upgrade???

[ Edited ]

mgeorges wrote:

tntexans72 wrote:

mgeorges wrote:

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a 4k limit and I was wondering if within a year or so of good history if i would be able to upgrade the card to a Sapphire or will i have to do an entirely new application?



You are already in with Chase Freedom - I would use the card and app for the Sapphire after 6 months so you can get the Sapphire sign up bonus. Upgrading your Freedom card will not allow you to get the bonus.


Thank you for the response.

 

I will probably wait about a year and apply for the sapphire.

 

I want to be sure I can get it because I will have solid history with chase. 


 

I know Chase will do a HP for a CLI...sometimes you may get lucky and only get a soft pull. It happened to me one time when I had their Platinum card now Slate. For example, you can speak to a CSR after 6 months of having your Freedom and see if they will do a soft pull for a CLI of your Freedom from $4k to maybe $6k or $8k. Depending on what you feel comfortable with.....cause when you do decide to app for the Sapphire, they will match your Freedom card CL.

 

I have a Slate, Freedom Sig and when I was approved for their 3rd product card, they matched my CL to Slate and Freedom Sig. :smileyhappy:

 


 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+