cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire and/or Visa Signature Return Policy?

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire and/or Visa Signature Return Policy?

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question about their return policy when the retailer won't accept it:

How does Chase/Visa go about this? Do they contact the seller to confirm this and arrange a deal, and if not, will credit me back regardless? Is it a lengthy process? Just wondering based on the fact that I'm ordering a textbook I may or may not need, and it's quite possible since it's from a seller and not a company, I may not be able to return it.

Also, while I'm on the topic, I have a damaged pocketbook that I felt so-so about when I bought it. It's from wear and tear that I obviously inflicted on it (not on purpose though...), so I doubt I can return it based on the place's return policy (within 7 days, and it's been a month)...if I just want the credit so I can buy a better quality pocketbook, will they give that to me? Or is it on Chase's discretion on whether they give you a new one, repair it, or issue you a credit? How does this claim process go?

Thanks everybody for your input Smiley Happy It's much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire and/or Visa Signature Return Policy?

Chase offsource these benefits to third-party insurance company, so it is up to the insurance company. I will tell you this though, insurance company will find many ways to deny your claim.

Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question about their return policy when the retailer won't accept it:

How does Chase/Visa go about this? Do they contact the seller to confirm this and arrange a deal, and if not, will credit me back regardless? Is it a lengthy process? Just wondering based on the fact that I'm ordering a textbook I may or may not need, and it's quite possible since it's from a seller and not a company, I may not be able to return it.

Also, while I'm on the topic, I have a damaged pocketbook that I felt so-so about when I bought it. It's from wear and tear that I obviously inflicted on it (not on purpose though...), so I doubt I can return it based on the place's return policy (within 7 days, and it's been a month)...if I just want the credit so I can buy a better quality pocketbook, will they give that to me? Or is it on Chase's discretion on whether they give you a new one, repair it, or issue you a credit? How does this claim process go?

Thanks everybody for your input Smiley Happy It's much appreciated!

there's very limited reviews on their return policy and purchase protection, but based upon what i have read on articles i've found on google, it seems to be an extremely lengthly (often dragging past 3 months) and frustrating process. Guess it's nowhere near Amex's service.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Yeah, i just looked it up and it seems super complicated...guess I'll just suck it up, keep the pocketbook, and go for the cheapest textbook in case I dont need it and need to resell at the bookstore!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.