Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire or AMEX PRG?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Chase Sapphire or AMEX PRG?

In late April I am looking to apply for one of two cards. I just had a question about how Chase works. 

If I got the Sapphire, I would do a credit transfer to bring my Freedom above 5k. I was wondering if the points I acquire from using the Sappire goes on the same balance as my Freedom does?

Thanks

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire or AMEX PRG?

If you already have the Freedom, the only additional beneft derived from the vanilla Sapphire is 2X dining.  Each card with have it's own portion of UR balance, but you're free to consolidate points (or, not) into either account at your discretion.

In this case, you'd be better served to have the SPG, since the benefits of the regular Sapphire would be minimal.  Now, CSP would be a different story.

Message 2 of 4
swpopham
Established Contributor

chase all the way, easy choice.

the CSP is a great card if you spend alot. your freedom points can transfer to your csp or visa versa... Id get approved for the CSP then request a CLI on the freedom

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

I was wondering if the points I acquire from using the Sappire goes on the same balance as my Freedom does?

Nope but you can transfer points.

@swpopham wrote:

chase all the way, easy choice.

Subjective matter.  One size does not fit all regardless of the card(s) in question.  OP needs to compare the two rewards programs as well as the cards to determine which is a better fit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.