Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire pre approval

tag
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Chase Sapphire pre approval

I was very surprised to find a letter from Chase saying I'm "pre-approved" for their Sapphire in the mail today, but I'm not sure if I seriously have a chance to be approved for this card.

I have a very short credit history (oldest account is 10 months old) with a total of 3 revolving accounts with a total credit limit of $5250 with less than 5% utilization.  Newest account is 2 months old, and I have 5 or 6 hard inquieries with each bureau.  Gross income is about $51k

What do you guys think? Should I go for it?

Only have FAKOs: Ex 742, Tu 734, Eq 726

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire pre approval

Well, tried to apply and got a "will contact you within 10 days" message. So....we'll see

And happened to get a pre-approval notice for the Chase Freedom card today.

wtf.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you need to call the backdoor number and ask for a recon if they declined you.  My guess is the INQ's.  What are your scores and do you know who they pulled?

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Message 3 of 9
voidman
Established Contributor

I think Chase many times gives out this notice.

you can call back and check online status after few days

-void
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for my freedom card, I received the same message, once the letter arrived it was needing to verify some things. I called and Handled it all over the phone and was approved. Good luck.
Message 5 of 9
lokobo
Regular Contributor

I called the autamated application status number and I'm approved for $5000!  Sweet!

How long till it gets here!?

They pulled TU. I'm in Chicago.

Message 6 of 9
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@lokobo wrote:

I called the autamated application status number and I'm approved for $5000!  Sweet!

Haha! Chase cracks me up. When I applied for the Freedom, they rejected me based on too short a credit history. At the time I had an average of 4.5 years and one inquiry. They said my history was too young and there were too many recent inquiries.

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 9
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

I'm on AU on my DH Sapphire card and it doesn't report the CL to the CRA's.  Don't know if that makes a difference to  you though.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
voidman
Established Contributor

@wollepopolle wrote:

Haha! Chase cracks me up. When I applied for the Freedom, they rejected me based on too short a credit history. At the time I had an average of 4.5 years and one inquiry. They said my history was too young and there were too many recent inquiries.

Congratulations!

I have read similar story from almost all major credit card companies. So it is not a surprice for many others, but yes it is for you and it will be for me too. But you got to live with it. They saw something that you didnt and thats why they didnt want to do business with you or open another card for you.

-void
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.