Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Score Question

tag
elvigy
Contributor

Chase Score Question

A couple of weeks ago, I applied for the Chase Slate and after a couple of recon calls was approved. They pulled Equifax and my FICO score with them is 753 (it was 764 befor the Chase inq) but my letter from Chase says my score is 720. I didn't worry about it much since I did get it approved but this morning was re-reading the paperwork and noticed that the 720 is not a FICO score. It's something they called "Application Score" with a range of 100-990.

Is this unusual? Does Chase not use FICO scores in its decisions?

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Score Question

They usually use the Vantage Score as their scoring model. I only received a FICO once.

Message 2 of 7
elvigy
Contributor

Weird. According to what I've Googled, the Vantage score goes from 501 to 990. Learned something else now. However, the score range they gave me says 100-990 so I'm not sure what that is.

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

They usually use the Vantage Score as their scoring model. I only received a FICO once.

Chase has been known to use Vantage score for some products, some of the time, but not always.   They might pull a FICO score also.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@elvigy wrote:

Weird. According to what I've Googled, the Vantage score goes from 501 to 990. Learned something else now. However, the score range they gave me says 100-990 so I'm not sure what that is.

It could very well be Chase's own proprietary scoring system, certainly not a FICO score and very likely not Vantage either.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Chase has their own system they score with.  No rhyme or reason that any of us can figure out.  

Message 6 of 7
elvigy
Contributor

Yes, that seems to be the case. Even Google has failed me. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.