Did you mean: 

Chase Sent Me the Wrong Amazon Card

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sent Me the Wrong Amazon Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Before you bought your own Prime subscription, how were you sharing with your friend? Was it Amazon Household?

I ask because my partner and I share a Prime membership through Amazon Household,  and Amazon says this is a valid membership for the 5% Visa. 

Yes, via Amazon Household.. Then I appd for the card and was wondering why I got approved for the basic card and not the Prime. Called Chase and they explained to me that I'm not technically a Prime member because the Prime was shared to me. So I paid for a membership immediately..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202109390

Eligible Prime membership only apply to Amazon.com accounts (and not accounts on any other affiliated websites outside the U.S.) and may include, in Amazon's sole discretion: 

• Annual and monthly Amazon Prime subscriptions and members of their Amazon Household (excluding Amazon Prime Video and invited guests of an Amazon Prime account)

Amazon Household is a valid Prime membership for the 5% Visa. As long as you weren't just an invited guest, you should have escalated your issue with Chase. 

Message 11 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Before you bought your own Prime subscription, how were you sharing with your friend? Was it Amazon Household?

I ask because my partner and I share a Prime membership through Amazon Household,  and Amazon says this is a valid membership for the 5% Visa. 

Yes, via Amazon Household.. Then I appd for the card and was wondering why I got approved for the basic card and not the Prime. Called Chase and they explained to me that I'm not technically a Prime member because the Prime was shared to me. So I paid for a membership immediately..

Eligible Prime membership only apply to Amazon.com accounts (and not accounts on any other affiliated websites outside the U.S.) and may include, in Amazon's sole discretion: 

• Annual and monthly Amazon Prime subscriptions and members of their Amazon Household (excluding Amazon Prime Video and invited guests of an Amazon Prime account)

Amazon Household is a valid Prime membership for the 5% Visa. As long as you weren't just an invited guest, you should have escalated your issue with Chase. 

Looks like they have an out if they wanted to though....

Message 12 of 29
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Looks like they have an out if they wanted to though....

@Anonymous's at Amazon's discretion. In this case it sounds like Chase is the one that said his membership didn't qualify, correct, @Anonymous ? 

Message 13 of 29
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I got my card in today. It isn't metal. It's still a nice looking card and a thick card, but I'm pretty sure it's plastic. It's heavier than it probably should be, and it looks like it should be metal, but it bends like plastic. I guess I was expecting it to be like the Chase Sapphire card - actual metal. I'm not upset. I got the card because I wanted the 5% and 0% foreign fees, but I have to say, I got kind of excited at the thought of having a metal card. There might be some metal in it, but the only way to find out is to break it in half...

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 14 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CatOfSpades wrote:

I got my card in today. It isn't metal. It's still a nice looking card and a thick card, but I'm pretty sure it's plastic. It's heavier than it probably should be, and it looks like it should be metal, but it bends like plastic. I guess I was expecting it to be like the Chase Sapphire card - actual metal. I'm not upset. I got the card because I wanted the 5% and 0% foreign fees, but I have to say, I got kind of excited at the thought of having a metal card. There might be some metal in it, but the only way to find out is to break it in half...

CSP/CSR aren't actual metal either, metal inside a plastic covering.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably be upset as well but life moves on.. you'll eventually get it OP..
Message 16 of 29
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CatOfSpades wrote:

CSP/CSR aren't actual metal either, metal inside a plastic covering.

Oh...didn't know that. This card isn't as heavy as those are, but I'm going to assume there is a thin sheet of metal inside my Amazon card. Smiley Very Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 17 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

uh oh, will someone wheigh it and verify it's a 1/2 oz plasticoat card?

Message 18 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

could it be like "the great metal shortage of 15'?  jeesh, Chase was shipping anything they could get their hands on.

Message 19 of 29
digitek
Established Contributor

Mine came today and its just like the CSR, or same material I guess, metal inside plastic dipped kind of thing.  I probably won't see it again for 4 years as it went straight into my drawer.  Already ordered some stuff from Amazon, I have an 8 month old son and didn't realize how much ordering things with a subscription could save me with his baby stuff and Prime.  Live and learn I guess.  For anyone having kids in the future, this is a great deal.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.