Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Signup Bonus

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Signup Bonus

Freedom? If so, it's an awesome card. you either get 10,000 UR points or 20,000 UR point. That's $100 or $200 statement credit, cash, check in the mail, or deposit instantly into Chase checking account.

CSP also has awesome sign up bonus, 40,000 UR point. If you don't travel, that is $400 CASH! for spending 3k or 2k (branch approval).

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@enharu wrote:
If you are lucky chase will send out targeted offers with a bigger sign up bonus.

I don't think i'll get lucky. They denied me threes times before for lack of credit history (0, 3, 8 month/s) with one CC. However, I now have 6 CCs and a 15 months of perfect credit history. The only thing I'm concerned about is my lack of income due to being a fulltime student. I'm planning on applying by the end of the year hoping I can get one of the higher signup bonus. 

since you're not in a rush you can always wait and see if the promotion changes.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 17
Brenex
Valued Member

I just received my Chase Freedom in the mail and was wondering, is there any paperwork that says I will get the $100 back after $500? I can't seem to find anything that says that other than the online page.

Message 13 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@CredittotheMax wrote:

As you all know, the signup bonus right now is $100CB after spending 500 the first three months. Do you think it will go up like last year to $350 or maybe $200? So far there's no sign of this promo this year. 

Maybe the closer we get to the Holidays?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

As you all know, the signup bonus right now is $100CB after spending 500 the first three months. Do you think it will go up like last year to $350 or maybe $200? So far there's no sign of this promo this year. 

I don't know that the signup bonues of last year are ever coming back.  Banks are starting to put their cash reserves seemingly back towards the housing market again with jumbo lending starting to make a comeback.

I think they were waiting to get mostly above water on the toxic mortgages they were holding and then to return to a more balanced profile, hoping that many of the consumers they pulled in with credit card offers may well be ready to be upsold on additional products with the economy in theory turning the corner at some point.

I'll be surprised if we get the bonuses again, especially with Chase who's now offering bonuses on savings account openings: if they were cash flush in their reserve, not certain they'd be attempting to incentivize additional deposits in that manner.

        
Message 15 of 17
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

That's a good point, but I think chase offered that bonus around this time of last year, correct me if I'm wrong. Not to mention, how popular chase freedom has gotten in the past year.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 16 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CredittotheMax wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@CredittotheMax wrote:

That's a good point, but I think chase offered that bonus around this time of last year, correct me if I'm wrong. Not to mention, how popular chase freedom has gotten in the past year.

Is that a forum or out in the wild datapoint?  

I never see the Freedom or CS/CSP out here for that matter.  I see people pay with Chase debit cards more than anything else, whereas the distance between me and another Amex (at least outside of my work place) is about how far I can throw my car.   Only substantial Chase credit cards are Disney (go figure in S. Cali) and SW rewards.

        
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.