cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Application - still being reviewed?!

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Chase Slate Application - still being reviewed?!

I applied for the Chase Slate yesterday.  I received the 7-10 day noticed.  Figured it was declined, but I waited a few hours and called the application status..it said it was being reviewed 7-10 days message.  I received an inquiry this morning that they pulled TU and Experian, so I called in this morning and spoke to the Rep and she said that my application was still being reviewed and there was not a decision yet. 

Would it take this long for a denial?! I hate getting my hopes up high about these things.  I mean, if I'm denied, come on Chase just say it!?  I've applied in the past for a Slate (I already have Amazon Visa and Freedom), and was instantly denied..lol!  I really want to take advantage of that BT offer they have going right now. 

Any thoughts?  Is this "still being reviewed" a good sign or no?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Application - still being reviewed?!

@Fresh-Start wrote:

I applied for the Chase Slate yesterday.  I received the 7-10 day noticed.  Figured it was declined, but I waited a few hours and called the application status..it said it was being reviewed 7-10 days message.  I received an inquiry this morning that they pulled TU and Experian, so I called in this morning and spoke to the Rep and she said that my application was still being reviewed and there was not a decision yet. 

Would it take this long for a denial?! I hate getting my hopes up high about these things.  I mean, if I'm denied, come on Chase just say it!?  I've applied in the past for a Slate (I already have Amazon Visa and Freedom), and was instantly denied..lol!  I really want to take advantage of that BT offer they have going right now. 

Any thoughts?  Is this "still being reviewed" a good sign or no?

It does not necessaritly mean denial, but you need to talk to a credit analyst to push it through. The customer service reps can't do anything about a pending application. Call : 888-245-0625

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 2 of 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Application - still being reviewed?!

Recon now!
That outcome will most likely be to your favor.

Good Luck!
Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.