Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Approved but not 0%

tag
Anthonykc
New Contributor

Chase Slate Approved but not 0%

So I got a 7-10 day pending.

I called the Recon number because its usually my address which is Apo, Ae.

I answered all the secuirty questions and was told I was approved for 2.5K and that I will receive my card.

I called back stating I wanted to transfer about 2K from CSP to Chase Slate because I wanted to do a BT So the rep did that for me, then

she looked at my chase slate and informed me that I don't think I would want the card becuase I didn't get the 0% for 15 Months and that my APR is 17.99% starting now.

I was completey shocked, I asked why but she didnt have an answer. so I without thinking  just asked to move everything from Chase Slate to CSP and close Chase Slate.

Have anyone else not get the Intro Rate of 0% for 15 Months Promo?

Current Score: 715 Goal Score: 775 Will Garden Soon.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Approved but not 0%

Have you recently closed a Chase card after getting the sign up bonus? Or in general, have you recently closed a Chase CC account?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 10
Anthonykc
New Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Have you recently closed a Chase card after getting the sign up bonus? Or in general, have you recently closed a Chase CC account?

No I have not, However 7 months Ago i was approved for CSP and I got the 40K Points/ $600 travel after spending 3K in 90 days.

CapitalOne Platinum $1.5K | CapitalOne MTV $1.5K | BestBuy Store $6K | Kays $3.5K | Military Star $2K | DiscoverIT $8K | AMEX BCE $1K Smiley Sad | NFUC Flagship $13.5K | USAA World MC $8K | USAA Rate Adv $8K | CSP 5K 10/2013 | NFCU LOC $10K
Message 3 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Oh wow, that is really sucky! Maybe a call to EO is in order here..
Message 4 of 10
Anthonykc
New Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

I know, why would anyone want Slate if there is not the 0%.

It didnt really bother me but I was just really confused and I asked if its because of my CSP rewards that I opened 6 months ago and she stated it wasn't.

Maybe in 6 months I'll just app for chase freedom since it is also 0% intro and hopefully I'll get it.

Message 5 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anthonykc wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

No I have not, However 7 months Ago i was approved for CSP and I got the 40K Points/ $600 travel after spending 3K in 90 days.

Well, that's pretty weird then. Maybe you should call the EO like already stated.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anthonykc wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I know, why would anyone want Slate if there is not the 0%.

It didnt really bother me but I was just really confused and I asked if its because of my CSP rewards that I opened 6 months ago and she stated it wasn't.

Maybe in 6 months I'll just app for chase freedom since it is also 0% intro and hopefully I'll get it.

You've already taken the HP. To me, it would be worth it to escalate it up to get the promo applied to your account. The card has no value other than utilization padding otherwise.

Message 7 of 10
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Maybe you didn't get the promo applied or you asked the wrong question. You can't balance transfer from a chase card.

Message 8 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anthonykc wrote:

So I got a 7-10 day pending.

I called the Recon number because its usually my address which is Apo, Ae.

I answered all the secuirty questions and was told I was approved for 2.5K and that I will receive my card.

I called back stating I wanted to transfer about 2K from CSP to Chase Slate because I wanted to do a BT So the rep did that for me, then

she looked at my chase slate and informed me that I don't think I would want the card becuase I didn't get the 0% for 15 Months and that my APR is 17.99% starting now.

I was completey shocked, I asked why but she didnt have an answer. so I without thinking  just asked to move everything from Chase Slate to CSP and close Chase Slate.

Have anyone else not get the Intro Rate of 0% for 15 Months Promo?

call customer service again, or message them online.

this may be due to an error on their end. Customers not getting the sign-up bonus / promos can happen sometimes, and this problem isn't exclusive to Chase. In most cases Chase will easily resolve such issues as long as you weren't churning their cards.

If that doesn't work, then call EO.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Did you ask to move CLs? Or a BT?  You cannot pay off a lender with the same lender's BT. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.