I have decent credit scores.

My Current Experian Fico is 744

I have those cards-

AMEX GOLD - NPSL (CHARGE CARD)

AMEX BLUE - 13,200 CL   ($5000 BALANCE)

CAPITAL ONE - $3,750 CL ( ZERO BALANCE)

BARCLAYS - $5000 CL ( ZERO BALANCE)

WALMART - $4,750 CL (ZERO BALANCE)

WELLS FARGO - $300 CL (TODAY GOT A CLI UP TO $5000, BUT NOT YET REPORTED ON MY CR)

DISCOVER - $2000 CL (ZERO BALANCE)

Right now my Uti is at 20%, just paid my AMEX balance down to $5,000 was around $9,000.

I'm starting to pay interest on my AMEX, so I wanted to transfer some of the balance or all the balance to a new card, and I heard Chase Slate is a good 15 months no APR on transfer balances.

I wanted to know what are the chances to get a high limit on a new chase slate card ?

Should I ask for the transfer of balances during the credit card application or that will make them give me a lower limit? Or wait first to get approved for the card and then ask for the transfer balance?

Does someone know what credit bureau CHASE pulls? 

I ask this because my experian is update with my new lower AMEX balance but Equifax and Transunion haven't updated yet and my Uti is higher on those reports so only Experian has the better report right now for me.

So maybe I should wait several days.

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate Balance Transfer question

Most new account requests are directed to EX.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Most new account requests are directed to EX.

Unless you are me, which resulted in a preapproval, but double pull on EX and TU. Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 12
pat0812
Regular Contributor

With my current cards what are the chances of getting a starting CL of more than $6-7k ?

Would you apply without balance transfers or transfer balance during the application ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double pulled me on EQ and EX

Message 5 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

They pulled EX for me, and EQ (not sure which cards they did EQ for)
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't really help, but I'm in a similar situation, so I'd be curious to know what happens when/if you apply for the Slate. Keep us posted.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice would be to ask for the BT while submitting the app. That way, the amount of the BT will be taken into consideration when appointing your new credit limit.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pat0812 wrote:

...I heard Chase Slate is a good 15 months no APR on transfer balances.

I wanted to know what are the chances to get a high limit on a new chase slate card ?

Why not just apply for the Freedom? You will have the ability to transfer the balance as well and it will be a rewards card that you be able to benefit from after paying off the balance. The Slate will be next to useless afterwards. I think you would be a shoe-in for an approval.
Message 9 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

Odds aren't relevant.  It all depends on one's credit and income just as it does for any credit card.  We can't tell you what your chances are or what limit you'll qualify for.

@pat0812 wrote:

Should I ask for the transfer of balances during the credit card application or that will make them give me a lower limit? 

The balance to transfer is irrelevant in assigning your limit.  Again, it's credit and income that determine your limit.  I recommend waiting to see what the limit is.  Utilization matters even with a 0% offer so keep that in mind.

@pat0812 wrote:

Does someone know what credit bureau CHASE pulls? 

Google and take a look at the Credit Pulls Database.  Be aware that multiple CRA's can be pulled -- especially for borderline credit.

@pat0812 wrote:

With my current cards what are the chances of getting a starting CL of more than $6-7k ?

Impossible to say.  It's not just a matter of the cards one has.  All of the standard factors in assessing credit matter.  Again, utilization matters on the card you're BT'ing to.  If you want to transfer $6-7K you'll want a much higher limit.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.