Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Balance Transfer the second time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate Balance Transfer the second time

I have a Chase Slate credit card with no balance on it.  I opened this a year or so ago.  When I tried to transfer balance on their account, it says nothing is available.  Does anyone know what it could have happened?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Balance Transfer the second time

If you took advantage of the first offer, then the message you are getting simply means there are no other offers on the card.  Chase is very different fromtoher lenders that often send 0% offers on their cards.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not have balance transfer offers at the moment. You could call them and ask for one. The offers sometimes come and go.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Slate 12/14 with a small limit compared to what I was hoping to transfer. Still took advantage of it but paid it off early, 5/15 or so. No offers for quite a while. Fall-ish there started to be offers. I decided to take advantage of one, but what sucked is that I couldn't see terms until I went through all the steps so I was pretty mentally/emotionally committed. I think it was for like 6 months with a 3% fee. I shouldn't have done it, but I did. I again paid it off early. Useless card after the initial BT (if the CL was generous enough to even be worthwhile for that.). 

I'd already had a plan in place to close it and transfer the CL elsewhere, but I happily just PC'd it to the Freedom Unlimited. Wasn't going to be apping for any non-co-branded personal Chase cards any time soon, so I was fine forgoing the bonus. Paired with my Freedom and Ink Plus...much more useful. 

Message 4 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got Slate 12/14 with a small limit compared to what I was hoping to transfer. Still took advantage of it but paid it off early, 5/15 or so. No offers for quite a while. Fall-ish there started to be offers. I decided to take advantage of one, but what sucked is that I couldn't see terms until I went through all the steps so I was pretty mentally/emotionally committed. I think it was for like 6 months with a 3% fee. I shouldn't have done it, but I did. I again paid it off early. Useless card after the initial BT (if the CL was generous enough to even be worthwhile for that.). 

I'd already had a plan in place to close it and transfer the CL elsewhere, but I happily just PC'd it to the Freedom Unlimited. Wasn't going to be apping for any non-co-branded personal Chase cards any time soon, so I was fine forgoing the bonus. Paired with my Freedom and Ink Plus...much more useful. 

Whaaaaat??? That's just plain deceptive marketing.

My Slate is working down a Forever offer from some long time ago, but I haven't heard too much that makes me think it will have any other offers when this is paid down in 2020. If those offers are "We'll tell you... maybe" , yeah, no thanks.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 8
noobody
Established Contributor

I do not have Slate card, but I have BT offer with 12 month 0APR on 4 of 5 chase accounts.

The only exception is newly opened Hyatt.

Bt fee is 2 or 3% varies on each account

typical bank lend you money when you do not need it

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

all of my chase cards say no balance transfer offers available when you click transfer balance. I have a slate still, but its around 17 months old. Freedom used to let me transfer a balance if I wanted too but thats been gone for awhile and all of my other chase cards like CSP, Marriott, Hyatt, United, etc. never have lead me to believe I could transfer a balance lol. It would be nice if I got a promo on the slate card, as I have not closed it out yet but dont use it. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

all of my chase cards say no balance transfer offers available when you click transfer balance. I have a slate still, but its around 17 months old. Freedom used to let me transfer a balance if I wanted too but thats been gone for awhile and all of my other chase cards like CSP, Marriott, Hyatt, United, etc. never have lead me to believe I could transfer a balance lol. It would be nice if I got a promo on the slate card, as I have not closed it out yet but dont use it. 

I used to get them on my Amazon Visa and maybe my Freedom wAY back when, but haven't in years. (I did have CLD from Chase back in 2009 or 2010, and I don't remember if the BT offers I got were before or after that. Citi too, same situation.) 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.