cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Denial - Even worth a recon with my current situation?

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Denial - Even worth a recon with my current situation?

The worst time to apply for credit is when you need it. Maybe back in 2004 or something they didn't care much about high utilisation, but I seriously doubt any lender is going to approve you with all of your cards maxed out. I don't believe a relationship with their deposit account side is going to help sway this in any way. I don't mean to sound too negative, but I am surprised everyone is saying to keep asking for reconsideration. Also if asking for a reconsideration with them, make sure to say you would like them to use the same credit report. Chase likes to pull a new inquiry right away.

Message 11 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

The worst time to apply for credit is when you need it. 

+1

One of the most irrational adages I've heard brandied about over the years has been, "don't apply for credit unless you need it."  Nothing can be futher from reality.  

Message 12 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Definitely worth a recon. Unfortunately Chase is difficult to get with high util. I applied for a Slate a while back with high util and they gave me a toy limit.

Alot of good advice here, and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 18
dudu16
New Visitor

OP here. Thank you for all the great advice! It has really given me the framework I needed to rebuild my score.

I just wanted to clarify, my banking institution is BofA, my 2 large CC's are with them as well.Not particularly satisisfied with them, but it's convenient. So using the Chase relationship angle isn't an option unless I switch over?

Just wondering, there was advice to put available cash to lower my utilization and then attempt a recon. I have roughly $1,500 in discretionary funds that I can put onto my balances right now. That would lower my 91% ($5700/$6250) utilization to 67.2% ($4200/$6250) immediately. I'm sure this would help the recon, but how long must I wait before it takes affect for the credit analyst to see it? And lastly, how long do I have to recon from my application ldate (3/27).

Thanks again everyone!

Message 14 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yw:-)!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You have 30 days. You would likely have to take a hard pull and wait for that lowered util to report to the CRAs. If you recon, you can say that but idk how much it would help
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 18
187johndoe
New Visitor

what credit bureau did they pull your score from???

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@187johndoe wrote:

what credit bureau did they pull your score from???

This post is a year old.  Chase can and will pull EX, EQ and TU.  In some cases, they will double pull.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.