cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate PC: Which one should DH get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate PC: Which one should DH get?

Hello all! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.Smiley Happy

My DH has two Chase Slate credit cards. He didn't apply for two. One used to be a Providian credit card that over time morphed into Slate after Chase bought WAMU.  If you were going to PC the Slate to one of their other cards which one would you choose? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate PC: Which one should DH get?

What does he have? What does he need? What are the limits on the Slate cards? 

I have no idea if Chase PCs to anything other than their own cards (or even if they PC to their own cards), so the only choices I'd think might be Freedom and CSP. CSP would have a $5k min. 

Another option is to just combine into one Slate if you think you folks may want a more sizeable BT card down the road. That I'm more sure that they'd do. 

Message 2 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'd second combining the Slates if the two other options -- Freedom or CSP -- are unappealing. Freedom has 5% rotating categories (which vary in usefulness, similar to Discover) and CSP really only makes sense for high spend and frequent travel

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What does he have? What does he need? What are the limits on the Slate cards? 

I have no idea if Chase PCs to anything other than their own cards (or even if they PC to their own cards), so the only choices I'd think might be Freedom and CSP. CSP would have a $5k min. 

Another option is to just combine into one Slate if you think you folks may want a more sizeable BT card down the road. That I'm more sure that they'd do. 

I just combined both of his Cap1 credit cards and then upgraded it to a QS. He also has an American Express Clear which he's had forever and 2 Slates. That's it. What does he need? A good BT and a better cash rewards credit card. However, for right now, I am waiting for his lates to age some more before applying for any new credit.

I will combine them if they won't do a product change. Thank you for your response!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'd second combining the Slates if the two other options -- Freedom or CSP -- are unappealing. Freedom has 5% rotating categories (which vary in usefulness, similar to Discover) and CSP really only makes sense for high spend and frequent travel

He would get more use out of the Freedom than the CSP. Hopefully, they will allow him to PC to Freedom. If they won't, then I will combine the two Slates. Thanks for your response!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

He would get more use out of the Freedom than the CSP. Hopefully, they will allow him to PC to Freedom. If they won't, then I will combine the two Slates. Thanks for your response!

If you're one who cares about bonuses, PCing to Freedom would pre-clude him from getting the bonus. I don't know what the usual one is or what the sometimes-offered special one is, but thought that should be thrown out there too for good measure. 

Message 6 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

If you're one who cares about bonuses, PCing to Freedom would pre-clude him from getting the bonus. I don't know what the usual one is or what the sometimes-offered special one is, but thought that should be thrown out there too for good measure. 

The typical Freedom bonus is $100, sometimes it is bumped up to $200.

Message 7 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

I would'nt PC at all. I would open a Chase Sig (over 5k) and close the Slate and roll any limit over to the new card. Get your bonus and a higher limit for 1 (or 2) HP's.

If you travel then CSP is a nice card and Freedom isn't a bad cash or UR earner.

Message 8 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

I would'nt PC at all. I would open a Chase Sig (over 5k) and close the Slate and roll any limit over to the new card. Get your bonus and a higher limit for 1 (or 2) HP's.

If you travel then CSP is a nice card and Freedom isn't a bad cash or UR earner.

OP's question is about PCing. Ostensibly, they want to avoid a new app, and Freedom's $100 bonus is not going to change anyone's life.

Why is the advice always "app for a new card and get the bonus", seemingly regardless of the question being asked?

Message 9 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@elim wrote:

OP's question is about PCing. Ostensibly, they want to avoid a new app, and Freedom's $100 bonus is not going to change anyone's life.

Why is the advice always "app for a new card and get the bonus", seemingly regardless of the question being asked?

Bonuses and Rewards is my game.  Sharing another option. Why second guess mine with your opinion? again? and again? and again? and again?

I'll PM you K?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.