Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate - Rejected

Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate - Rejected

In all truth its time to stop applying and garden for 6 -12 months 

See what your needs are at that point and go from there

IMHO your reaching for cards higher than your credit file can support with a thin file 

Go slow and build credit over the course of a year not 3-4 months it just doesn't work that way.

I mean no harm just thought you should hear it so you don't waste any more HP's that you have to live with for 2 years Smiley Embarassed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 16
Mega Contributor

JasonKR wrote:

Because of lack of history on my credit report (got BOA on 2013 Jan), I got rejected

Even I asked for them to reconsider Smiley Indifferent

They told me that they want to see more credit history.. Smiley Sad They were only be able to see BOA secured card even though I've been using Discover it for around 2 month

Now.. Option would be

1) Call them again and ask for them to recon

2) wait tlil December to build up some credit history

3) maybe apply for another credit card?

Any opinion?

Garden! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
Regular Contributor

Smiley LOL Yeahhh I will build some credit up till then and I will let you guys know if I get pre-approved offer or any questions.. Smiley Very Happy

gotta take these babies for sho lol

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 13 of 16
Moderator Emerita

Keep in mind pre-approvals are NOT guaranteed approvals. Ultimately it's up to you but garden those new cards until Dec/Jan for the best results.
Message 14 of 16
Super Contributor

Definitely hit the garden like journey said.

I was only in for 8 months and got 5 approvals on my spree. Def gonna head in for a year (at least) now.
Message 15 of 16
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Right, I was aware of it and I received pre-approved offer from Discover only like 2~3 month after getting BOA secured card.

I will keep that in mind and just limit cards till then, thanks for the remind!

BoA Better Balance Reward - $1.5k (01/13) | Discover It for Student - $1.7k (04/13) | Capital One QuickSilver - $2k (05/13) | Amazon Rewards Visa Card - $700 (10/13) | Citi Forward for Student - $2.4k (10/13) | Amex BCE - $6k (10/13) | Chase Freedom - $1.5k (11/13) | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6.5k (12/13) | Amex Delta Gold - $8.7k(12/13) | Chase IHG - $4k (2/14) | Chase Hyatt - $5k (2/14) | Amex Platinum (2/14) | Citi ThankYou Preferred - $3.5k (4/14) | Chase United Explorer - $5k (9/14) | Amex Delta Gold business - $3k (9/14) | I ALWAYS pay in full
(Future card: Barclaycard Arrival+, Amex SPG+Everyday, Chase Ink+Marriott, Citi Hilton Reserve+HHonors)
Message 16 of 16