Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate moved to Freedom... DONE

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase Slate moved to Freedom... DONE

Finished the transfer today, had to call "Credit Department" to move the remaining amount on my partners chase cards...

Chase Freedom now $10,580.00 (not sure where the $80 came from!)

Freedom was $1500

Slate was $9000

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate moved to Freedom... DONE

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hopefully in 6 months or so, I'll be moving my $5k Freedom limit over to Sapphire or Slate :-)
Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hopefully in 6 months or so, I'll be moving my $5k Freedom limit over to Sapphire or Slate :-)
Congrats!

You want to move Freedom TO Slate?

The only reason to have a Slate is to do the BT... onces that is done, Slate has got to go!

Message 4 of 8
codimom
Frequent Contributor

congrats! and more proof that Chase hates me.  They said MYslate is not elible for transfer... sigh... and I don't WANT to apply for anything else...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@codimom wrote:

congrats! and more proof that Chase hates me.  They said MYslate is not elible for transfer... sigh... and I don't WANT to apply for anything else...

Do you have another Chase card or just the slate?

Message 6 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

What happens with the Slate? Is it closed now?

Message 7 of 8
supervelous
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!

Also wondering why you would move Freedom to Slate, since Slate earns no rewards as far as I can tell.  Seems like the reason for the Slate is a BT card only, for the 0% interest and no BT fee.  

I closed my 2 (low limit) Slates and moved them to my Freedom line.  Best combo seems to be Freedom and CSP, using the Freedom for the 5X categories, the CSP for Dining and Travel except where they may be covered by a Freedom 5X, then transferring all UR points to the CSP for the 1:1 transfer. 

Although as someone who almost never travels besides for business, I am temped to cash out my UR points to cash for paying down other debt balances I have.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.