Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate to Chase Freedom

tag
ChaseD
New Visitor

Chase Slate to Chase Freedom

Hi All,

Just today I successfully changed my Chase Slate  into Chase Freedom, at 1st they said no to me but after telling them that the card is just sitting in my draw for the past two years , I also have the Chase Sapphire preferred . The branch manager put a call in and said everything is done and your new card will be expressed over right away. If you are a loyal chase customer they will work with you just be nice and easy going with the branch agent. 

Curent credit score: 748

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate to Chase Freedom

Was this done by calling the regular customer service number on the card?  They keep telling me that it is not eligible and that there is no way around that.

Message 2 of 9
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I would assume not, since the OP went into a branch and had the branch manager call in.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 3 of 9
ChaseD
New Visitor

no i went to my local branch to speak to someone as i seen on many other forms it was greater chacne of switching it over 

Message 4 of 9
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Chris679 wrote:

Was this done by calling the regular customer service number on the card?  They keep telling me that it is not eligible and that there is no way around that.

Same here! The Slate has been sock drawered for over 8 years!

Message 5 of 9
iHackerSix
New Contributor

If you don't mind applying for the Freedom outright, I would just apply for it, get the signup bonus, then transfer the limit from Slate to Freedom, thereby still keeping all the available credit from the Slate, getting the Freedom you want, and not losing any available credit!Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

+1^

Get the sign up bonus! Reallocate if approval hinges on it!
Message 7 of 9
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I just called my branch and was told no PC from Slate to Freedom was available even with their assistance and that the only way would be to apply for a new Freedom and then to transfer avail credit over from the Slate. I have had no luck when I called the number on the back of my Slate card in PC'ing to a Freedom. I am always told that the PC cannot be done. I always assumed it was because my Slate originated as a WaMu card way back when and for some reason those old WaMu accounts were always handicapped in some way.

Message 8 of 9
newUser0
Established Contributor

@ChaseD wrote:

Hi All,

Just today I successfully changed my Chase Slate  into Chase Freedom, at 1st they said no to me but after telling them that the card is just sitting in my draw for the past two years , I also have the Chase Sapphire preferred . The branch manager put a call in and said everything is done and your new card will be expressed over right away. If you are a loyal chase customer they will work with you just be nice and easy going with the branch agent. 

Curent credit score: 748

Congrats!!

I think you missed the signup bonus of $200 For the Freedom. Anyway Welcome to Freedom FamilySmiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.