Did you mean: 

Chase Slate tomfoolery

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate tomfoolery

@rlx01 wrote:
Straight to the EO with this.

Can you scan your printed terms? Or is it not in there?

This card is pointless without 0 fee BT. Then it's basically a really bad Freedom card. Smiley Happy

Right. Exactly.

I'll look for the printed terms tonight.

I don't see the holdup, the offer was clearly for no fees. It's the offer out there right now, for goodness sake.

The supervisor even said " I understand that the offer was available when you applied but I can confirm that application was not submitted for that offer. "

Who would submit an offer that includes fees when, by their own admission, it was available without?

I know what I clicked. *Sigh*

Message 11 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Do a social media post as another person mentioned. In my opinion paste on their FB face..  Companies don't like to be embarrased. It sucks having to go this route, but most likely this will be the best way to get the results you deserve and APPLIED for.  

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 13 of 19
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Sorry for your troubles. What Chase is doing to you is completely unacceptable. The 0% APR for 15 Months and no BT fees is the STANDARD Slate sign-up offer. To the best of my knowledge, it does not vary.

Message 14 of 19
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Sorry for your troubles. What Chase is doing to you is completely unacceptable. The 0% APR for 15 Months and no BT fees is the STANDARD Slate sign-up offer. To the best of my knowledge, it does not vary.

+ 2

Go gettum New Guy we're pullin for ya! Chase is going to make this right!

In the words of Dennis Green former coach of the Arizona Cardinal's  'They (Chase) are who we thought they were"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Message 15 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'd be pretty angry, as well. Best of luck!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few question for NewGuy. Are you sure they did not counter-offer you when you applied? I know Discover did that to me, not sure if Chase does that as well.
Secondly, and more importantly, did it mention the no fee option when you applied the credit transfer or did it say you would be charged and you assumed they would be waved? Lastly, did the fee's get applied to your account right when the BT was completed, or was it added a few days later?
I'm asking because I just completed a BT which just posted today and wanted to know if I should expect to get hit with the fee's at some point and have to fight the same fight as you.
Message 17 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This seems to happen with all types of credit card (Amex a lot recently, but a recent thread about Citi too) where the offer in the backend system does not reflect what the customer applied for (or believed they applied for!)   In every case, the CSR just says (and I guess that they have no option) that the system shows that that was not the offer applied for, sorry but there's nothing we can do.   And really, screenshots etc, if you are going against a non-helpful company, proves nothing, could be taken another time, could have been for the offer you chose not to apply for etc.

It seems always up to the EO to resolve, if they choose to.   I assume a large percentage of this is caused by shoddy IT, perhaps UI and backend not be updated in sync, and a smaller portion actual user error.

Good luck!

Message 18 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

This seems to happen with all types of credit card (Amex a lot recently, but a recent thread about Citi too) where the offer in the backend system does not reflect what the customer applied for (or believed they applied for!)   In every case, the CSR just says (and I guess that they have no option) that the system shows that that was not the offer applied for, sorry but there's nothing we can do.   And really, screenshots etc, if you are going against a non-helpful company, proves nothing, could be taken another time, could have been for the offer you chose not to apply for etc.

It seems always up to the EO to resolve, if they choose to.   I assume a large percentage of this is caused by shoddy IT, perhaps UI and backend not be updated in sync, and a smaller portion actual user error.

Good luck!

I agree LTL, I think it's some sort of backend IT issue. We'll see what happens when the EO gets back to me. If I haven't heard from them by Monday, I'll call again. Just a pain in the butt is all.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.