Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate

@scorewatcher7 wrote:

If you really need to move balances to lower your monthly payments then you should try not to focus so much on how CCC feel about it. The impact on them is minimal compared to the impact on your ability to pay off the card in a more timely manner.  I'm like you in the respect that I don't want to transfer balances because I think it might damage my relationship with the CCC, so its really about necessity. If you want a lower APR, you can't concern yourself with them. Also, any portion of balances you can transfer to a lower APR is better than the alternative. I'm sure you already know this. I can't help you directly with how Chase handles the whole process, but in the end its your finances and I wouldn't let a process get in the way of saving money if it didn't make a difference. 

Thank you! But I am not that hard pressed for a BT. I am able to pay my cards off within the next few months, it is just that I do not wish to pay interest while paying my cards off. What I will do is wait until next Friday when my Citi statement cuts, and see if I have a BT offer then. I would prefer to just continue with BTs on my Citi card versus opening a new account. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have 45K income and 13.5K line from Chase, I would say you possibly have more room to go with Chase. Except you recently applied a lot other lines (more than 2 in the past 6-12month), they may reject or issue you a relatively low CL. BTW, if you are interested in BT, why not think about CITI Diamond something card? I got that offer every week, 0%APR BT for 21month, seems better than Slate. 

Anyway, don't do too much BT. 

Thank you for your response! I will look into the CITI Diamond Preferred (I think it is called). I was mainly looking at the Slate due to the $0 BT fee. I can reduce my BT balance to $7k if that would bring less suspension and less eyebrows raised on me. 

Maybe you can consider both. With $7K balance, I think CC company wont give you really high limit for this type of card. 

Its always a YMMV sometimes you get a great limit other times not so much. However as mentioned with recent approvals and such. My biggest question would be how close are you to Chases internal limit? That could be a factor if you go with Slate.

Yes, I have had 3 new accounts within the last few months, and this will be my last, because I know that Chase is skiddish when it comes to its customers opening multiple accounts in a short period of time. This is a last resort if Citi does not give me a BT offer after my statement cuts. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like I saw somewhere that chase has a limit on how much they are willing to let you deposit into your account for balance transfers. I believe it's around $5K.

Thank you for this information it helps!

Message 13 of 21

I just applied for Slate and was approved at $3k starting limit with a 167k income.  I called and spoke to a rep when I activated my card and asked for a credit limit reconsideration.....she asked a few questions, submitted the request, and bumped me up to $8,200 (effective immediately).  

This is still my lowest limit card, but I definitely appreciate the bump up (the card would have been pretty useless to me with a 3k limit).

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good to hear. I have 120k income and was approved for $3500. I do have another Chase card but just one with a $4800 limit. My CLI isn't great through, around 30%. I ended up applying for the simplicity shortly after and was approved for $9200. Probably should have given them a call.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinallyOnTrack wrote:

I just applied for Slate and was approved at $3k starting limit with a 167k income.  I called and spoke to a rep when I activated my card and asked for a credit limit reconsideration.....she asked a few questions, submitted the request, and bumped me up to $8,200 (effective immediately).  

This is still my lowest limit card, but I definitely appreciate the bump up (the card would have been pretty useless to me with a 3k limit).

Did you need another HP for the reconsideration on your CL?  Chase said I would need one when I opened the AARP card.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and got a CL of $13.5K. My income is a lot more than $45K though so YMMV.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every thread I read about Chase Slate and low starting limits depresses me even more. I feel like there's no point in even attempting to get a balance transfer card.

Message 18 of 21
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

tarting line was 9kRe: Chase Slate

my starting line was 9k. I rolled it over to my other cards, but im sure i could have reconned more

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 19 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello myFICO family!

I am looking into applying for the Chase Slate for the BT offer, and had a few questions for those who have had experience with the card. What attracts me to this card is the $0 BT fee - better then 3% fee charge. 

Normally when I do a BT I always use my Citi card; however, I do not have any BT offers at the moment. Not only do I utilize a BT offer, but I have the money direct deposited into my checking account, that way my other CCC do not know that I am using a BT to pay off the balance. (You know, you do not want your right hand to know what your left hand is doing). I also pay off the balance before the terms are up for the 0% (that has never been a problem). 

My concerns and questions for the Slate are as follows: I have read on different sites that the Slate does not give high SL (greater than $7K, mostly in the $1K-$4K limits), as this would be a problem since I am looking to transfer $9K onto the card - Is this true? I have also read that they will only allow you to transfer up to 90% of your CL for BT - is this also true? I am concerned that Chase will not allow me to transfer the money into my checking account and use the money that way. I do not wish to actually have balances transferred to the account, I like seeing only one large transactions that include all balances not multiple. Plus I do not think some of my CCC would take kindly to a BT transaction. 

Being approved for the card is not a problem, it is just what will my SL look like. I am willing to move some of my Rtiz CL to the Slate if I actually do apply for the card, receive a low SL, and I am able to utilize BT in the way that I am accustom. My current uti is 19% - I just do not want to pay any interest on my balances. I DO UNDERSTAND that majority of Chase's credit decisions heavily relies on its internal score. I do bank with Chase. I only have one Chase CC - Ritz, which my SL is $13.5K. Income is $45K. 

I welcome any and all advice, criticism, or any further inquiries. My current scores are in my signature. 

OP I think you are not working this correctly Smiley Happy

When I do BT, and I've done many, I do it straight from one CC to another. This signals to the bank that is getting the open balance reduced that I have other options for BT offers. SP of my CR also shows big swings down in certain balances, up on the new account. I like to think this is the reason that I am now juggling regular BT offers on two BofA cards, two US Bank cards, and Discover. Citi isn't participating but that is because the only open available account I have with them is the $1k Diamond Preferred.

I have a Slate in my siggy, but it is a PC from some legacy card that Chase picked up with that higher limit.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.