Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate

Does Slate ever offer additional 0% APR periods after the initial 15 month promo period is over?  With fee of course.  Just trying to decide if I should keep it around it or transfer the limit.  If they don't ever offer 0% APR again then the choice is clear, but if they do then I'd just leave it.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Slate ever offer additional 0% APR periods after the initial 15 month promo period is over?  With fee of course.  Just trying to decide if I should keep it around it or transfer the limit.  If they don't ever offer 0% APR again then the choice is clear, but if they do then I'd just leave it.

Yes.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they do with a 3-5% BT fee
Message 3 of 10
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes they do with a 3-5% BT fee

The monthly offers via USPS state 3%, but their website offers 2%. YMMV.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool, I'll keep it.  I like having a few good BT cards in my corner if ever needed for whatever reason.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaveRider - Even if you don't need a BT card you can always PC it I just PC'd mine to a Freedom unlimited this past week via secure message.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
WaveRider - Even if you don't need a BT card you can always PC it I just PC'd mine to a Freedom unlimited this past week via secure message.

I've also considered doing this, but I'm not sure if it's better to PC the Slate or to do a new app for the Freedom Unlimited in order to get a higher CL. Did you already have a sizable CL on the Slate before you PC'd to Freedom Unlimited?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I moved all but 1.5k of my limit from my freedom to my Slate because I wanted to carry a higher balance, then recently I PC'd the Slate into a FU now stands with 5k CL but my Freedom has only 1.5k I figure I'll eventually take the HP for the increase on the Freedom but for the meantime it's pretty good.
Message 8 of 10
its_mona
New Contributor

Would I need to payoff my current chase card in order to apply for the Slate?
scores as of 9/5/16| EX 676| EQ 622| TU 649

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, you can apply for a Slate anytime you wish.Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.