Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate

I just got my Chase Statement and I noticed it has Slate from Chase on the statement. Is this something new? I never noticed this before.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

@RozBuds wrote:

I just got my Chase Statement and I noticed it has Slate from Chase on the statement. Is this something new? I never noticed this before.

Thank you.

It's a re-branding of their cards, my wife and I just got new cards with the Slate logo.  Same credit limit and APR, different look and some extra bells and whistles.  Among other things I gather one can go on the website and calculate how to get the balance down to X dollars in Y months and so forth; since my wife and I have cash reserves that exceed our total credit limits and always pay in full I haven't bothered to study these web features very closely.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What was the Slate card in its previous incarnation?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

It was a plain ole Chase Visa. My other two Chase CC's are Flexible Rewards. One Visa and one MC.

Thanks for replying.

RozBuds

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Message 4 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

My wife and I share this Chase account; our cards were previously Chase Platinum Plus.  She has a Citi card in her name only, which they recently changed from Platinum Select to Diamond Preferred (we dunno why the product change, the new card just appeared one day, the credit limit didn't change).  I have a Citi card in my name only, which is still a Platinum Select.

Originally these cards were Bank One, which merged with First USA, and First USA in turn merged with Chase.  Oddly enough even though our cards and our statements have said Chase for many years, they still do regular soft pulls on our credit reports as "First USA."  I must say, the logic of soft pulls sometimes escapes me, for instance Wells Fargo does regular soft pulls but our only account with them is a fixed-rate mortgage so if our credit did suddenly get worse what could they do about that other than hope we kept paying?

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I get regularly softed by First USA even though my card is Providian -> WaMu -> Chase. I just have to "know" that it is related to Chase. Things like this are a large part of the reason that many people who received AA from Chase and a letter stating it was based on information obtained from EX complained that Chase never looked at EX. They did - just under one of their other names!

Meanwhile, I will gladly accept a Chase Slate in exchange for whatever it is I have now!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like it varies for the consumer.  Someone said plain old Visa, another said Platinum Plus, mine was a Platinum -- No plus.
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

woopah wrote:

Seems like it varies for the consumer.  Someone said plain old Visa, another said Platinum Plus, mine was a Platinum -- No plus.

I really wish that Chase would simply announce their card line-up changes all at once. Just take down the existing site and replace it with one with all the new cards.

They've dropped a bunch of affiliate cards, changed the rewards structure on some they're keeping, and re-branding even more cards, apparently without messing with the programs. Hugely confusing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wish that Chase would simply announce their card line-up changes all at once. Just take down the existing site and replace it with one with all the new cards.

They've dropped a bunch of affiliate cards, changed the rewards structure on some they're keeping, and re-branding even more cards, apparently without messing with the programs. Hugely confusing.

I totally get what you're saying. It makes no sense to do it little by little.  And then they don't even notify the customers.  

I didn't even realise mine was a slate until I saw it pop up 'Slate' when I signed on to my accounts.  Course then my account got stolen and they had to close the account and give me a new account number.  The new card I received in the mail was the new "slate" card.  

Supposedly it comes with all these extra features about paying your bill and not accuring interest.  But I'm going on close to a year of paying my credit cards off monthly, so hopefully I'll never need to use that feature.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.