Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Slate

I've never gotten preapprovals for any Chase cards and just look what I have in my sig. Go for it if you really want it. Prequalified offers are no guarantee that you'd actually get the card anyway. You never know.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 33
Ragelog
Established Contributor

A chase pre qualify is pretty close to sure. I had two approved for both.
EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 12 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Chase has never had an offer for me but I have been approved for Freedom, Sapphire and Slate. 

None of my approvals were ever instant though. If you get a message saying application needs further review, then call the status line and it says they will have a decesion in 2 weeks, you are approved. 7 to 10 days, decline letter.

Or just call them, its usually a verification thing. But imagine if u have an offer its like capitalone, pretty much a sure thing. 

Message 13 of 33
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No fee balance transfers during the intro period.

Currently 0% BT and purchase terms for 15 months.

Otherwise, none.

If you do apply, don’t expect a large CL or to get it raised for BT purposes like many CUs will do. What you start out with is pretty much what you will get.

Get it, BT to it, put it in the sock drawer.

Oh really??   I just got the Slate in the mail today.  I was waiting til I got the card to try for a CLI.  They gave me $2300:Smiley Sad   So 0% til Jan 2016 and then 12.99 APR.  Fortunately, they only did 1 inq on EX and instantly approved

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 14 of 33
907grown
Established Contributor

I'd apply for it. I was approved for freedom, slate and CSP, all instant approvals. They used my EQ score (see below). I was approved for freedom, 2 weeks later slate and CSP on the same day, only see one HP from chase. 

Good luck

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 15 of 33
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

What I *REALLY* want is the CSP.  So, should I hold out for it...??

You should apply for what you want/need and not just respond to offers which are just marketing.

@skigirl916 wrote:

Talk to me about the benefits of this card, and why I would want it - or not.

You need to determine that just as you would for any card.  Do you need a BT card that doesn't really offer much once the initial BT offer expires?

Again, select your cards based on your needs/wants instead of getting an offer and attempting to justify the card.  This is going about it backwards.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Otherwise, none.

If you do apply, don’t expect a large CL or to get it raised for BT purposes like many CUs will do. What you start out with is pretty much what you will get.

Oh really??   I just got the Slate in the mail today.  I was waiting til I got the card to try for a CLI.  They gave me $2300:Smiley Sad   So 0% til Jan 2016 and then 12.99 APR.  Fortunately, they only did 1 inq on EX and instantly approved

If you do apply for a BT, its subject to credit approval and they will do a second HP. Likewise, if you ask for a CLI they will hard pull you for that as well.

If you combine the BT and CLI request into one, I believe they will only HP you once, but the success rate of getting the initial CL increased is poor from what I have read around the boards. Call and request the CLI for purpose of BT for best chance of success.

When I applied for this card back in September, they pulled EX for the card and then TU for my CLI/BT request. I got the card at 2.3k, and they allowed the BT, but they denied the CLI.

Chase sure is stingy with this card, considering its entire purpose is for BT.

Also note, there is a Maximum 15k credit limit for this card, according to Chase.

Message 17 of 33
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Otherwise, none.

If you do apply for a BT, its subject to credit approval and they will do a second HP. Likewise, if you ask for a CLI they will hard pull you for that as well.

If you combine the BT and CLI request into one, I believe they will only HP you once, but the success rate of getting the initial CL increased is poor from what I have read around the boards. Call and request the CLI for purpose of BT for best chance of success.

When I applied for this card back in September, they pulled EX for the card and then TU for my CLI/BT request. I got the card at 2.3k, and they allowed the BT, but they denied the CLI.

Also note, there is a Maximum 15k credit limit for this card, according to Chase.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying?  Are you saying when I initate the BT -- they are going to HP again?  I've never heard of that.  I was thinking instead of asking for a CLI on this card and wasting another HP, that I would just apply for the Sapphire Preferred and transfer that limit over to the Slate.  I have til Nov 3 2014 to use this Sapphire Preferred pre-qualified app. 

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Otherwise, none.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying?  Are you saying when I initate the BT -- they are going to HP again?  I've never heard of that.  I was thinking instead of asking for a CLI on this card and wasting another HP, that I would just apply for the Sapphire Preferred and transfer that limit over to the Slate.  I have til Nov 3 2014 to use this Sapphire Preferred pre-qualified app. 

That's correct. "Subject to credit approval" as the terms and conditions say. Meaning, they may choose to do so, or not.

Chase is another one of those banks that is HP happy. Smiley Frustrated

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Otherwise, none.

So you got the same 2.3k CL as I did, but you got it at a much better APR than I did.

They put mine at 17.99%, probably because this was the last card I had applied for at the end of my spree, I had several new lines of credit and HPs from others showing up. Also, my overall revolving util is just above 50% (mainly because of a large HELOC that belongs to my ex-wife, but is also still in my name)

Your credit picture seems to be somewhat better than mine was, you may get lucky and get the CLI you want.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.