Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate

So, my Chase Slate card just came in the mail. The thing feels so fake, lol. It feels like one of the fake pre-qual cards you get in the mail. It is thin and flimsy and feels like cardboard, lol. Kinda sucks. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate

Interesting. Mine is about the same as the rest of my cards on the thickness scale. Discover is the sturdiest but I wouldn't call the rest flimsy. Plus its a BT card so not like I'll be swiping it anywhere Smiley Tongue QS was the cardboard like card for me but maybe times have changed.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting. Mine is about the same as the rest of my cards on the thickness scale. Discover is the sturdiest but I wouldn't call the rest flimsy. Plus its a BT card so not like I'll be swiping it anywhere Smiley Tongue QS was the cardboard like card for me but maybe times have changed.

I've had the original crappy QS card and this one feels crappier than that, lol. 

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Maybe yours came from a bad batch? There's no way this is even close to that QS card for me Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you receive your Slate? They did do a redesign,
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not a big deal obviously though, lol. Just i remember my Chase Debit card was terrible, it was all tore up and the front "sticker" peeled off within a month. Thing is i only ever swiped it 6 or 7 times too. It stayed in my wallet the entire time. I work in an office so i was not doing strenuous activity that should have caused it too get that beat up. I requested a new one from the bank and that one held up much much better. The Rep at the branch said she never seen a card get that destroyed.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol @ destroyed. Let me think...its probably been less than a month since it came. I was approved in April.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, yeah oh well. Like you said not like im going to swipe it much anyway. Right out of the envelope and into the SD, lol.
Message 8 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Lincoln465 wrote:

So, my Chase Slate card just came in the mail. The thing feels so fake, lol. It feels like one of the fake pre-qual cards you get in the mail. It is thin and flimsy and feels like cardboard, lol. Kinda sucks. 

There's definitely a "cheapness" to several cards nowadays. I have a Chase Freedom, Barclay Rewards and a QS1 in my wallet and they all feel cheap. The last sturdy card I had was my CreditOne card, lol!  The days of thick plastic cards are numbered. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Lincoln465 wrote:

There's definitely a "cheapness" to several cards nowadays. I have a Chase Freedom, Barclay Rewards and a QS1 in my wallet and they all feel cheap. The last sturdy card I had was my CreditOne card, lol!  The days of thick plastic cards are numbered. 

That sucks, doesn't it? Call me weird but i like a nice feeling card lol. My Discover IT feels nice, the VentureOne isn't too bad either.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.