Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate

So funny because I just got my Freedom and SWA cards and thought they were pretty snazzy LOL. But I've only got my 5 year old Discover card with the American flag on it to compare them to.

Message 11 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So funny because I just got my Freedom and SWA cards and thought they were pretty snazzy LOL. But I've only got my 5 year old Discover card with the American flag on it to compare them to.

I'm not liking this trend of using a matte finish over metallic. It shows every superficial scratch on the card. My Freedom arrived with a large scratch all the way from the top to the bottom. 

I know I'm being nitpicky Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Int the same way DeeDee I'm OCD about it.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my things pristine.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are going to turn me into a credit card snob LOL. I already don't ever want to see my toy limit Macy's card ever again!

@Lincoln465 wrote:

Message 15 of 20
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Lincoln465 wrote:

I haven't used my Barclay's card yet, but there are scratches in the matte coating, and some kind of green marker on it. I don't know how these things happen when it doesn't leave my wallet. 

IMG_4818.jpg

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea deebee that happened to my chase debit card. It was my backup account so the thing only left my wallet 5 times maybe. saying this thing was destroyed is an understatement.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Lincoln465 wrote:

I haven't used my Barclay's card yet, but there are scratches in the matte coating, and some kind of green marker on it. I don't know how these things happen when it doesn't leave my wallet. 

IMG_4818.jpg

I was on my phone before so i didnt see the picture. Yeah this would drive me nuts. I'm OCD about my things being nice, neat, and clean. 

Message 18 of 20
Pitt570
New Contributor

CSP,and marriott are strong cards not flimsy =)

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 19 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It seems many cards have this problem nowadays. The default Quicksilver is pretty flimsy. I remember my Freedom being flimsy when I had one. I'm not surprised if the Slate is flimsy.

It's just the usual "cut every possible penny" mentality. Luckily it doesn't really matter in this case...it sucks with them being flimsy, but they'll just simply end up replacing cards more often!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.