Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Soft Pulls

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Soft Pulls

I've had like two of those AR SPs from Chase on my EQ report. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 17
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Thats me Smiley Happy.

I had a conversation about this with a credit analyst at Barclays yesterday. She's like, i see you've open 20 accounts in a span on a year, do you mind telling me why. I simply told her it's because i can afford it and i like getting rewarded for my spending. She's like "i can see you pay the accounts. Based on all the information i see here, i'm unable to approve you for a credit limit increase. I'd advise you to stop applying for card for about a year or so". I was about to scream "NEVER", but then i considered what she said and she actually makes sense. 20 accounts in a span on a year is INSANE lol. No wonder i got FR'd by Amex haha.

Out of curiosity, what happened with the Amex FR?  Were there any adverse actions for opening so many accounts?  Thanks!

Message 12 of 17
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

I've had like two of those AR SPs from Chase on my EQ report. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Not really worried just curious as to why they would do it 2 times in two weeks.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Thats me Smiley Happy.

I had a conversation about this with a credit analyst at Barclays yesterday. She's like, i see you've open 20 accounts in a span on a year, do you mind telling me why. I simply told her it's because i can afford it and i like getting rewarded for my spending. She's like "i can see you pay the accounts. Based on all the information i see here, i'm unable to approve you for a credit limit increase. I'd advise you to stop applying for card for about a year or so". I was about to scream "NEVER", but then i considered what she said and she actually makes sense. 20 accounts in a span on a year is INSANE lol. No wonder i got FR'd by Amex haha.

Out of curiosity, what happened with the Amex FR?  Were there any adverse actions for opening so many accounts?  Thanks!

20 accounts IS a little outta hand...

I'm 7 out of 9 in the last 3mos though, lmao.

Message 14 of 17
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Thats me Smiley Happy.

I opened 10 new accounts since September 9th and 1 share secured loan to add to my credit mix.  All the cards you see listed in my sig - and that's why I am interested in the outcome of the Amex FR; because I am freaking out about potential AA Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Thats me Smiley Happy.

Got my CL on my Hilton Honors slashed from 10k+ to 4.6k, my PRG also now has a hard limit of 3k lol.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 16 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@akula wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Thats me Smiley Happy.

I opened 10 new accounts since September 9th and 1 share secured loan to add to my credit mix.  All the cards you see listed in my sig - and that's why I am interested in the outcome of the Amex FR; because I am freaking out about potential AA Smiley Surprised

Well, i actually pay my accounts in full. I don't see why they'd AA me. I pay after the statement cuts because i want other banks to see the balances.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.