Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Some questions

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase - Some questions

@facutardeat wrote:

FWIW, I was instant-approved for both the Freedom and CSP recently.  When I applied, my highest credit limit was $1,600.  I did not have any relationship with Chase at the time.  Also, I was pre-approved (using the Chase website) for the Freedom, but not the CSP.

After I was approved for both cards, I moved my checking from BofA over to Chase.

Wow, your CSP limits look good. Did they offer you this limit to start with?

Also, did you have a 750-ish score when you apped?

Message 21 of 25
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

yeah, biggest issue is that you can only PC Slate to other Chase products, not cobranded ones. seeing as you already have a freedom and you want a CSP (so CS doesn't make sense), there aren't really many other choices up there.

sounds like you have a good plan -- best of luck staying disciplined so you can that debt down and apply!

Thanks for the wishes.

Yes, even though initially I felt like AF-cards were not of great use, I've started liking the idea of airline points more; especially seeing how 12k miles on Southwest could have given me a nice roundtrip flight to Disneyland. I had about 7k, so I bought oneway. Would have got Southwest card but (a) they're offering a low bonus now and (b) CSP offers overall greater flexibility. Double points and close to double valuation of points: will be a good combo. Now to get that credit profile all sorted out Smiley Happy

I like 15000 points roundtrip to Bermuda for me😀 another fairly nice use of points for me is Singapore airlines JFK to Maui for 35k points 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@milkshakes wrote:

yeah, biggest issue is that you can only PC Slate to other Chase products, not cobranded ones. seeing as you already have a freedom and you want a CSP (so CS doesn't make sense), there aren't really many other choices up there.

sounds like you have a good plan -- best of luck staying disciplined so you can that debt down and apply!

Thanks for the wishes.

Yes, even though initially I felt like AF-cards were not of great use, I've started liking the idea of airline points more; especially seeing how 12k miles on Southwest could have given me a nice roundtrip flight to Disneyland. I had about 7k, so I bought oneway. Would have got Southwest card but (a) they're offering a low bonus now and (b) CSP offers overall greater flexibility. Double points and close to double valuation of points: will be a good combo. Now to get that credit profile all sorted out Smiley Happy

I like 15000 points roundtrip to Bermuda for me😀 another fairly nice use of points for me is Singapore airlines JFK to Maui for 35k points 

Yup; I already have about 30k points on Singapore (they have awesome service). It's good that CSP added SIA to their fleet of points transfer. Emirates would be another great addition, though they are on MR as of now.

Message 23 of 25
facutardeat
New Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@facutardeat wrote:

FWIW, I was instant-approved for both the Freedom and CSP recently.  When I applied, my highest credit limit was $1,600.  I did not have any relationship with Chase at the time.  Also, I was pre-approved (using the Chase website) for the Freedom, but not the CSP.

After I was approved for both cards, I moved my checking from BofA over to Chase.

Yes, those were the limits I was instant-approved for.  I was pretty shocked because I had read so much about how you needed to already have a $5,000 CL card before applying for the CSP (which I didn't - my highest, and only, CL at the time was $1,600). 

Yes, those were my scores at the time I applied.  I applied for the Freedom, was instant-approved, then applied for the CSP immediately thereafter, was instant-approved.  

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 24 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@facutardeat wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@facutardeat wrote:

Yes, those were the limits I was instant-approved for.  I was pretty shocked because I had read so much about how you needed to already have a $5,000 CL card before applying for the CSP (which I didn't - my highest, and only, CL at the time was $1,600). 

Yes, those were my scores at the time I applied.  I applied for the Freedom, was instant-approved, then applied for the CSP immediately thereafter, was instant-approved.  

Thanks for the info !

I'll try my luck when my scores get to about 730 or so (ideally 750 but not sure when that'll happen). My hope is to get a large enough CL so that I could then transfer some of it to Freedom and make both cards look good. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.