Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest 60K sign up bonus about to go away

tag
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Chase Southwest 60K sign up bonus about to go away

I just want to give everyone a heads up about this bonus.  Lots of data points to suggest that the 60K bonus will go away on October 1st.  If you are thinking about getting one or more of these cards, now is the time to apply.  I'm shooting for a companion pass in January 2018.  If approved, it appears that the minimum spend will have to be completed sometime after January 15, 2018. I

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Southwest 60K sign up bonus about to go away

Would love to get it, but about 90% of the forum can't get this card due to the 5x24 rule Smiley Happy.  Why you dont hear of many approvals for cards such as the SW card as they rather use one of the accounts if under that rule for a CSP or CSR etc.

Thanks for the heads up though for anyone that possibly might go for it.

Message 2 of 25
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would love to get it, but about 90% of the forum can't get this card due to the 5x24 rule Smiley Happy.  Why you dont hear of many approvals for cards such as the SW card as they rather use one of the accounts if under that rule for a CSP or CSR etc.

I'm technically at 2/24. I have a Chase Ink Cash that doesn't count towards 5/24.  I've been carefully waiting to apply for the Chase cards before I venture to others.  I applied for the biz card yesterday and am waiting to hear back on that.  If I get it, I will apply for the personal card.  I'm kicking myself for not applying for the business card in person at the back.  Last time I did that, it was an instant approval.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the Plus in May and the Premeir last week.  So we should have the companion pass for 2018.  As my wife is now 6 new cards in the last 10 months we are done with Chase.  

Message 4 of 25
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We got the Plus in May and the Premeir last week.  So we should have the companion pass for 2018.  As my wife is now 6 new cards in the last 10 months we are done with Chase.  

Good deal with the companion pass!  Fingers crossed I get approved for the biz card tomorrow and then I can apply for a Plus.  Then I will be done for a while.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fleuriste- Where have you seen that the Ink Cash doesn't count towards 5/24? I've heard it does count, as well as the Ink Preffered.
Message 6 of 25
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

The CIP and CIC fall under 5/24, in that you will be denied if you have more than 5 credit cards opened within the prior 24 months, but they do not add to your 5 slots once you are approved.  This is because they don't show up on your personal credit reports.

https://awardwallet.com/blog/chase-524-policy-work/

@Anonymous wrote:
Fleuriste- Where have you seen that the Ink Cash doesn't count towards 5/24? I've heard it does count, as well as the Ink Preffered.

Message 7 of 25
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We, you meant you and your wife?  Can you combine accounts and points?  I do not think you can apply both Plus and Premeir.  I could be wrong.

Just curious to see what you get. 

Message 8 of 25
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Fleuriste wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm technically at 2/24. I have a Chase Ink Cash that doesn't count towards 5/24.  I've been carefully waiting to apply for the Chase cards before I venture to others.  I applied for the biz card yesterday and am waiting to hear back on that.  If I get it, I will apply for the personal card.  I'm kicking myself for not applying for the business card in person at the back.  Last time I did that, it was an instant approval.

The Ink cards count as 5/24.  It is a tall task to get both SW personal and business cards at the same time. 

Message 9 of 25
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Fleuriste wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

The Ink cards count as 5/24.  It is a tall task to get both SW personal and business cards at the same time. 

The churning forums at Reddit consistently report that Ink cards fall under the 5/24 rule, but do not add to the 5/24 slots once approved.  I believe this is because the business cards don't show up on personal credit.  Chase business cards are also subject to a 1/30 rule, so you will be denied for a business card if you have applied for another card with them within the previous 30 days.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.