Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Credit Limit

tag
DoctorLoomis
Regular Contributor

Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Credit Limit

Hey guys.....the credit line on my Southwest Air Visa is now $35,000. My Sapphire Preferred is $20,000. My question is am I close to the total credit limit that Chase will extend to me? I would personally love a $50,000 limit on the Southwest but I do not want to get a hard pull and a denial of another increase. What do you guys think? Is there truth that Chase has a limit on total credit?

Chase Southwest - $88,500 I CSP - $50,000 I Barclays Aviator Silver - $50,000 I Wells Fargo Sig - $25,000 I AMEX Amazon Prime - $40,000 I B of A Cash Rewards - $77,200 l AMEX Platinum NPSL l PayPal MC - $10,000 l Sportsmans Guide Visa - $18,400 l CITI Simplicity - $16,600 l CITI Premier - $17,000 | AMEX Hilton Honors - $20,000 | Discover It - $20,500 | Coldwater Creek MC - $10,000 | Williams Sonoma - $11,500 | Nordstrom VISA Sig - $20,000 | J Crew - $10,000 | Apple Card - $68,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Credit Limit

@DoctorLoomis wrote:

Hey guys.....the credit line on my Southwest Air Visa is now $35,000. My Sapphire Preferred is $20,000. My question is am I close to the total credit limit that Chase will extend to me? I would personally love a $50,000 limit on the Southwest but I do not want to get a hard pull and a denial of another increase. What do you guys think? Is there truth that Chase has a limit on total credit?

that will depend on your income and overall profile.

I would just apply for a 3rd card and then move that CL over to Southwest and close the 3rd card just opened!

They seem more generous with new lines than CLI

Message 2 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

We can't tell you if you're close to your maximum or not - their lending limits vary based on the customer.

My guess is there might be a litle more wiggle room for you, as they've extended $55k to you across two cards. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well... my dad's got CSP limit of 70k.... so depends on your income, I think you could ask them for little more.

Message 4 of 5
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@DoctorLoomis wrote:

Its not only Chase.... but actually theres little way of determining credit limit exposure until it actually occurs. That said, as others hav pointed out, bcuz of the significant limits U currently hav its reasonable to presuppose that theres more on the table. Either way, grats on your current limits (esp SW).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.