cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Credit Card

tag
FICORICAN

Chase Southwest Credit Card

hi, does anyone know how long does it take for Chase to report to the Credit Bureaus? I just opened a new CC with them and the new Credit line will def help my Score. BofA reports almost instantly...

thanks

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: 619
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Southwest Credit Card

A few days after your statement cuts. At least that's how it was for me on the Freedom
Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

it takes a while... i recall something like 6 weeks after receiving the card.

Navy is fast at reporting though Smiley Surprised

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 8
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Mine took about a month, I got it in late March/early April 2012 and it reported at the end of April.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 4 of 8
rross
New Contributor

Kind of off topic... but was your score 619 when you got approved?  I really want to try and get the AirTran card that's similar to the Southwest one... but I don't want to risk an inquiry if I'm gonna get a big fat denial!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@rross wrote:

Kind of off topic... but was your score 619 when you got approved?  I really want to try and get the AirTran card that's similar to the Southwest one... but I don't want to risk an inquiry if I'm gonna get a big fat denial!  Smiley Happy

Rross, it looks like he made it to the low 700's according to this post

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-credit-is-finally-rebuilt/m-p/2085439

Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FICORICAN wrote:

hi, does anyone know how long does it take for Chase to report to the Credit Bureaus? I just opened a new CC with them and the new Credit line will def help my Score. BofA reports almost instantly...

thanks

Usually takes 1-2 statements for Chase to report.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't start to worry until 2 months after your first statement cuts. All my Chase cards reported within a week of the first statement posting.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.