Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest - INSANE signup bonus for CA residents

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest - INSANE signup bonus for CA residents

@K-In-Boston Ha! Our local news is saying 2018, although I'm reading late 2018. Like you said, FAA approval pending.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note for those who churn.  I think the way to do this is after getting this card, don't spend the $1k MSR until January and you'll have 41k CPQPs and a 2018 companion pass. You can wait until the next 60k bonus offer whenever it does show up in 2018, get yourself to 103k CPQPs (sign-up bonus plus 1 point per dollar spend on two MSRs.) You'll then need to figure out a way to get 7k more points to get CP extended to all of 2019.

That's my plan anyway.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good offer for those who live in CA.

OT=am I the only one who doesn't like flying on SW?

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incredible!

Message 14 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Note for those who churn.  I think the way to do this is after getting this card, don't spend the $1k MSR until January and you'll have 41k CPQPs and a 2018 companion pass. You can wait until the next 60k bonus offer whenever it does show up in 2018, get yourself to 103k CPQPs (sign-up bonus plus 1 point per dollar spend on two MSRs.) You'll then need to figure out a way to get 7k more points to get CP extended to all of 2019.

That's my plan anyway.

Sounds like a productive plan!  Should be relatively easy to hit 7k points with Rapid Rewards Dining and Rapid Rewards Shopping.

@Anonymous, yes you are the only one who doesn't like flying Southwest! I'm sorry their funny crews, low prices, free bags, no blackout dates, easy redemption, and great customer service rub you the wrong way.

Message 15 of 26
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Sounds like a productive plan!  Should be relatively easy to hit 7k points with Rapid Rewards Dining and Rapid Rewards Shopping.

@Anonymous, yes you are the only one who doesn't like flying Southwest! I'm sorry their funny crews, low prices, free bags, no blackout dates, easy redemption, and great customer service rub you the wrong way.

They really do have a fantastic product.  It's too bad I've never had to opportunity to use it.  The only time I ever fly domestic is for work and they pay for Delta.  I only ever fly myself when we go somewhere really far.

Maybe we'll take a trip to the west coast (or Hawaii!) and try them out.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I've never had a problem with Southwest.  Sure, it might not be as nice as something like Jet Blue, but iI'd take Southwest over United any day..  I've had issues with all the major airlines and never had a problem with SW.  American and United are the worst, absolutely.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good offer for those who live in CA.

OT=am I the only one who doesn't like flying on SW?

I live in a hub city so really dont' have much choice when I fly domestically.  The one thing that really annoys me about them is they don't code share.  So if you see a great international flight deal out of another city you can't get a connecting flight from here. Also prevents having many international flights out of the airport for the same reason as other airlines can't have connecting flights in. The assign seats is annoying but as other airlines are now charging for decent seats Southwest is better in that regard.  

I used to hate them but since I have flown them so many times I have gotten used to their idiosyncrasies.   Also there frequent flyer program is far superior to the other ones. You don't have all these you can't use them for this flight at that rate.   There is no gimics.  120k Southwest miles is a heck of lot better than 120k American Airline miles.  

I did get a better deal then this though; I got 120k miles and a companion pass with 4k in purchases.  

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's my plan anyway.

Actually, because I frequent a board dedicated to Vegas, I know that there are quite a few people that dislike SW.  No denying they have great customer service but a lot of people like myself can't stand that you cant select a seat ahead of time.  Their 'priority' boarding on a crowded flight is anything but.  I'm tail and need seats with extra legroom and their impossible to get on SW even with a low A number.  Because of their no seat selection process a lot of people abuse the whole wheelchair way of getting boarded first.  I have no problem with truly disabled people getting priority boarding but far too often I've seen the boarding area of a SW flight look more like they're getting ready for wheelchair racing instead of boarding flgihts.  They rush to the counter so they can board early and once inside have no problem moving about or even taking exit row seats.  I much prefer United or American.  Never had a problem with them.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's my plan anyway.

Actually, because I frequent a board dedicated to Vegas, I know that there are quite a few people that dislike SW.  No denying they have great customer service but a lot of people like myself can't stand that you cant select a seat ahead of time.  Their 'priority' boarding on a crowded flight is anything but.  I'm tail and need seats with extra legroom and their impossible to get on SW even with a low A number.  Because of their no seat selection process a lot of people abuse the whole wheelchair way of getting boarded first.  I have no problem with truly disabled people getting priority boarding but far too often I've seen the boarding area of a SW flight look more like they're getting ready for wheelchair racing instead of boarding flgihts.  They rush to the counter so they can board early and once inside have no problem moving about or even taking exit row seats.  I much prefer United or American.  Never had a problem with them.

I have probably had exit row or first row with Southwest over 50 percent of the time flying with them (I usally get the exit row seat without the seat in front of it) And I have flown with them a lot. (30 + roundtrips)  With the other airlines those  seats are never available or require you to have status to book them.  I recently booked a flight with American and it was 100 dollars more each way to get a window or aisle seat in the front 2/3 rd of the plane. 

I did have one instance where I got early bird and I was something like B20 and I asked for a refund and they told me for 75 dollars I could get A5 which I passed on as it was an hour and 15 minute flight. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.