Reply
Regular Contributor
notoriousrod
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Update:

 

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

 

Should I be happy with that?

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Shoot, I would be.

 

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

 

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


notoriousrod wrote:

Update:

 

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

 

Should I be happy with that?


No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

 

Regular Contributor
notoriousrod
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


haulingthescoreup wrote:

Shoot, I would be.

 

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

 

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.


He actually said that he would make sure to pull from a different report so I wouldn't have 2 inquiries on the same report.

 

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Regular Contributor
notoriousrod
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


DI wrote:

 No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

 


You know I thought about that ... but I guess I'm being optimistic and hoping he'll come through.

 

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Regular Contributor
notoriousrod
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

UPDATE!

 

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

 

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied


notoriousrod wrote:

UPDATE!

 

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

 

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.


Congrats!  That's exceptional for Chase, IMO.  I've always found that their customer service was horrible.

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}