Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Update:

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

Should I be happy with that?

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Shoot, I would be.

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor

notoriousrod wrote:

Update:

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

Should I be happy with that?

No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

Regular Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Shoot, I would be.

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.

He actually said that he would make sure to pull from a different report so I wouldn't have 2 inquiries on the same report.

Regular Contributor

DI wrote:

No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

You know I thought about that ... but I guess I'm being optimistic and hoping he'll come through.

Regular Contributor

UPDATE!

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.

Valued Contributor

notoriousrod wrote:

UPDATE!

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.

Congrats!  That's exceptional for Chase, IMO.  I've always found that their customer service was horrible.

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 01/01/15
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 01/01/15
EX FICO - V2 - 840 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - EQ04 - 818 - 01/01/15
EQ FICO - Bankcard Enhanced 8 - 885 - 1/24/15
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.