cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Update:

 

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

 

Should I be happy with that?

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Message 11 of 17
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

Shoot, I would be.

 

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

 

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


notoriousrod wrote:

Update:

 

Call and spoke to a gentleman and now he says his main conern is the util on my BofA card. I'm at 4k of my 10k limit, and but the report shows last months balabnce of $6k . He said he would call me on the 5th of next month, a couple days after BofA posts and if he sees the balance lower like I said it is, he wouldn't have an issue approving me.

 

Should I be happy with that?


No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

 

Message 13 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


haulingthescoreup wrote:

Shoot, I would be.

 

Did he say if he would do another hard pull then, or if it would be a soft? If he pulls EX, the new balance should be there. Maybe not so much if he pulls EQ or TU.

 

Not the end of the world if he does a second hard, if you don't mind. Inq damage is annoying but generally over-rated.


He actually said that he would make sure to pull from a different report so I wouldn't have 2 inquiries on the same report.

 

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Message 14 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

 


DI wrote:

 No, shouldn't be happy about that.  He, who you talked to, may not be still employed with Chase by then. 

 


You know I thought about that ... but I guess I'm being optimistic and hoping he'll come through.

 

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Message 15 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied

UPDATE!

 

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

 

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.

--------------------------------

01/18/09-Exp-632/Trans-610/Eq-576

06/30/09-Exp-647/Trans-629/Eq-621

07/17/09-Exp???/Trans-???/Eq-635

Message 16 of 17
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards Card - Denied


notoriousrod wrote:

UPDATE!

 

Wow! This guy actually followed through. I was doing a photo shoot and the guy called and he pulled a report from a different credit bureau. Spoke about my baddies and how they were old, mentioned my inquiries were all real estate, and showed my only balance on a CC has been paid down significanlty. 

 

Bottom Line ... APPROVED for $5,000.

 

Was very surprised he called back and kept his word. Even if I didn't get approved I would have been impressed.


Congrats!  That's exceptional for Chase, IMO.  I've always found that their customer service was horrible.

EQ Fico 8 - 846
TU Fico 8 - 848
EX Fico 8 - 836
Message 17 of 17