cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Rewards - recent approvals?

tag
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Rewards - recent approvals?

Good evening Revelate,

I on line apped for Chase SW Airlines Rewards Card, af $ 69.00 was approved (except had fraud alert)  so I had to call in due to an Identity Theft Situation. Immediately approved. I full believe that my history with my Chase Freedom Card, 13 months, PIF each month was a positive factor. Eq was pulled and I Was at 753.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 11 of 18
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

TU shows no pull, did not check Experian,. so I  believe they only pulled EQ on me. However, I have a great 13 month history with them.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 12 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

TU shows no pull, did not check Experian,. so I  believe they only pulled EQ on me. However, I have a great 13 month history with them.

Hah, yeah, and the 750 FICO probably made you pretty much guarunteed approval anyway, congratulations though and thank you for posting!

        
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved in April with a 635 score, a collection and a couple of lates from several years ago on my CR. $5,000 CL visa signature.

Message 14 of 18
squirrely2005
Contributor

I just applied for this card about a week ago because I'm planning a trip to San Diego for my 21st. I'm not sure I've gotten anything in the mail. Spent the whole week at the river. Smiley Happy And I havent checked yet. But anyway once I found out that I've been denied, if i have been, how do I even start a recon? Do I just flat out ask "can you reconsider y'all's decision for the SW rewards card?" and then they'll take it from there? tbh I have a feeling I might have been approved only because I've read where somebody recieved an email they were declined and it seems that's usually what happens with most cards but I know not always.

Message 15 of 18
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

When I apped last year for the Freedom Card, it was online. I am not certain but my Equifax was probably low 700's as my Tu Fico was 735 or so. This summer both scores mid 750s. I have one derog account with 4 30 day lates. This derog account should go positive in the next eighteen months or so. It is my only derog account on all three reports.Hope this gives some insight.

Message 16 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I was approved for this card in June. $20k line, but my scores are just around 800 now...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Jmoney: thanks bud, that sounds roughly where I am, though you're several months ahead of me in the process it appears.

Squirrley: call in anyway.  No news is usually good news in my book when it comes to lenders, but there should be a number sticked that you can find more information out about whether you were approved or not.  As for recon, I haven't done it personally but I suspect it's simply asking why you were denied and if we could talk about it and possibly reconsider the decision as I really want this card for XYZ reason.  Probably a lot of threads on this over time if you search, I should probably do that too come to think of it.

Bettercreditguy: Yeah, it just appears as though Chase has changed the underwriting on the Freedom specifically, and I was wondering if they'd done it on any of the other cards as well.  So far it appears unknown trending towards unlikely, it was a curiousity point as there was one strange CSP approval but that had unique situation written all over it anyway since he worked there.  Was hoping it was a bigger trend but probably that's pure fancy.

RockinRay: hah, is there any card you couldn't get approved for senor? Smiley Happy  You rock.

Anyway thanks again for all the responses.

        
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.