cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Visa Approval?

tag
adamc123

Chase Southwest Visa Approval?

Hey everyone. First post here on the forum.

I submitted an application for the Southwest Visa from Chase and it said they'd get back to me within 10 days. Do you think this mean's I'll be rejected? I have all 3 credit scores around 720. I currently have the USAA MC and Amex, Cap. 1 Platinum, and Amex Zync. Only thing is that my credit history is a little under a year. What do you think?

Thanks!!

- Adam

Most recent score: 717
Cards: USAA MasterCard ($500), USAA Amex ($500), Capital One Platinum Secured ($200), Orchard Bank Visa ($300), Amex Zync NPSL
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest Visa Approval?

From what I have read, that message generally mean denial. However, they could just need some more information. Chase likes to see some credit history...don't take my word for it. They are also very picky in my opinion. But if you do get it, I am sure you will enjoy it! There is also a number in the "Backdoor Numbers" thread that you can call and check your application status!

Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@adamc123 wrote:

Hey everyone. First post here on the forum.

I submitted an application for the Southwest Visa from Chase and it said they'd get back to me within 10 days. Do you think this mean's I'll be rejected? I have all 3 credit scores around 720. I currently have the USAA MC and Amex, Cap. 1 Platinum, and Amex Zync. Only thing is that my credit history is a little under a year. What do you think?

Thanks!!

- Adam

Honestly I would say your file is too thin for Chase. They're gonna wanna see at least a year on your cards. Of course, YMMV.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call back door, you can find that number above in thread.

Message 4 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

You can call the backdoor but I'm not sure what your chances will be. Given you have 3 cards AND your file is less than one year old, they will likely decline you. That's a lot of cards for someone who is really new to credit. They might want to see how you handle what you have, so if they reject you just garden for another year and then try again.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 6
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

The 10 day response is very common for chase. Me and my mother have a couple chase card and have never received a instant approval. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.