Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest Visa - Got 7-10 days message

tag
Susyflower
New Contributor

Chase Southwest Visa - Got 7-10 days message

Greetings, as the subject line suggests I app'd for the Southwest Visa, going on a trip soon flying either AirTran or Southwest and want the points, etc.  Anyways, got the 7-10 message.  I already have two chase cards.  Should I attempt a recon right away or wait until I get the letter?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
samset93

Re: Chase Southwest Visa - Got 7-10 days message

always Recon! never hurts to ask Smiley Happy

Cap One Journey .5k auto CLI to .75k | Chase Freedom 1k | BestBuy Store Card 1.2k | MSU Federal Credit Union Visa 4k | Discover IT-Student 1k auto CLI to 1.3k | Amex BCE 2k CLI to 6k | CSP 5k
Message 2 of 18
flyingace
Valued Member

@Susyflower wrote:

Greetings, as the subject line suggests I app'd for the Southwest Visa, going on a trip soon flying either AirTran or Southwest and want the points, etc.  Anyways, got the 7-10 message.  I already have two chase cards.  Should I attempt a recon right away or wait until I get the letter?

Call them! Same thing happened to me. Apped for Freedom when I've already apped for/received Amazon Visa. Called in and they had to verify some information. I asked why and the nice lady said that when someone has more than one Chase card, they have to verify to prevent fraudulent activity... it was a simple matter literally of verifying my info, and then she put the app back in. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 3 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

You may want to check back via their automated phone system first (1-800-436-7927). Sometimes you get the 7-10 day response, and 10-15 mins later, it will show as approved.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 18
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

You may want to check back via their automated phone system first (1-800-436-7927). Sometimes you get the 7-10 day response, and 10-15 mins later, it will show as approved.

I concur.  This happened to me when I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred a couple of months ago.  I applied and got the same response (we are still processing your application and will notify you within 7-10 days).  I called about 5 minutes later and it told me I was approved.  I imagine that sometimes the application has trouble processing and the reason that maybe they cannot give you an instant decision has nothing to do with your credit...it just may be a technical error (computer glitch, connection, etc.)

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 5 of 18
Susyflower
New Contributor

I called the automated app status and it says I will get a letter in writing of their decision in 2 weeks. Doesn't sound promising.

Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sounds like you need to call the backdoor number and be prepared to recon a denial. Take control of the conversation, be aware and acknowledge your current cr and be prepared to give a good reason(s) for anything that might be a reason for denial I,e. baddies, inq's etc.
Message 7 of 18
flyingace
Valued Member

Do you  have any baddies on the CR?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 8 of 18
Susyflower
New Contributor

I do not have any baddies.  I do have some high balances on other cards so I'm assuming that's the problem.

Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Call and have a good reason for your util. Are they the result of 0%aprs? Bt?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.