Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Southwest card

Hi everyone, last time I was around I added a amex zync and discover more, I'm still not sure how I got approved considering my credit score and file but I did. That was about 6 months ago. Today all my report is clear, all c/o's have fallen off and my eq is 744. I'm looking to add the southwest card and amex bcp next month to take advantage of backdating. I'm not really concerned too much about amex as no approval no hp. Chase however scares me. I've never had a card with them before. I'd really like the bonus miles for an upcoming trip, and I'd really like to dump this rebuilder cap one ( annual fee is due in feb) and bbrzmc.

Has anyone app'd for this card recently? What kind of underwriting criteria do they have for this card?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest card

From the forums here and my experience, scores in the 700s,  Along with that, a decent repayment history. As for myself, I had a FREEDOM CARD for twelve months before an Airlines Card. I apped on the web and was instantly approved, card arrived in about a week. More recently, Chase granted me a CLI to over $ 20k on my Airlines Card. It was a HP and additional information was gathered. It too was immediately honored/granted. I do know that an excellent payment history is a good to have with Chase. THey also seem to favor low credit card balances and paid in full accounts. This I gleened from my conversation on the recent cli. Good Luck, as always, YMMV.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest card

Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna go for it in a few days and will follow up. I get the feeling I will have to call for recon.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.