Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest question

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Chase Southwest question

Do the Chase airline CC apps follow the 5/24 rules?

I have some Southwest points to redeem into a gift card before the expiration at the end of the year but it seems that it require a Chase Southwest CC to redeem. I am far beyond 5/24 and don't know the way to redeem the points properly.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest question

@xenon3030 wrote:

Do the Chase airline CC apps follow the 5/24 rules?

I have some Southwest points to redeem into a gift card before the expiration at the end of the year but it seems that it require a Chase Southwest CC to redeem. I am far beyond 5/24 and don't know the way to redeem the points properly.

Yes, unfortunately the SW cards fall under 5/24.  Can’t you use the points for a flight?  Typically that’s a much better option than redeeming for gift cards.

Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

All 3 of the Chase Southwest cards are unfortunately subject to 5/24.  As for the Southwest points, I didn't quite follow that.  If you have Southwest points in your account, they never expire as long as you have some kind of qualifying transaction in 18 or 24 months (can't remember for sure which).  An easy way to keep those alive is to sign up for Rapid Rewards Shopping and make a purchase through their portal every now and then, or sign up for Rapid Rewards Dining, eRewards, eMiles, etc...

Message 3 of 4
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

The rapid rewards points seem to expire after 24m from the last activity date. So, plenty of time...

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.