cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest

tag
BluSkye

Chase Southwest

Nervous and just have to talk it out! I received an email offer for the 50k points so took a chance and applied. I knew I would get the review message because I have a BK appearing on my credit report (6+ years since discharge) and was prepared to call recon today, since I apped after hours Friday! (I don't know what my Fico score is atm, but educated guess is in the low 700's. I know - shame on me for not knowing before apping.)

I just got off the phone with recon line. Initially the credit analyst said she couldn't approve me at this time because I had new recent installment accounts and they want to see more history on those. (I opened a CC with NFCU last year so that line is a little over a year old, and obtained a new car loan this past April - those are my two new accounts.) I asked her to look at my other credit cards and gas card for their age, as the oldest CC was opened a month after BK and have never had a late payment, and the card's limit has grown with me. (No late payments since BK, period.) Gas card was from before BK and never had late payments ever. I also pointed out my 4+ years of perfect payment history on my mortgage to also hopefully show stability. She put me on hold again. When she came back she said at this time it has to move up 1 more level for further review and I will be notified by mail within 5-10 business days, but that I'm welcome to call the app status line in the next 24-48 business hours.

Is this a good sign??? Initial recon denied but on the fly she reviewed again then sent to the next level for further review?

*fingers crossed*

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Southwest

Smiley Happy Good Luck! Please keep us updated!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 21
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I think it is a good sign! Good luck!

Message 3 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@BluSkye wrote:

Nervous and just have to talk it out! I received an email offer for the 50k points so took a chance and applied. I knew I would get the review message because I have a BK appearing on my credit report (6+ years since discharge) and was prepared to call recon today, since I apped after hours Friday! (I don't know what my Fico score is atm, but educated guess is in the low 700's. I know - shame on me for not knowing before apping.)

I just got off the phone with recon line. Initially the credit analyst said she couldn't approve me at this time because I had new recent installment accounts and they want to see more history on those. (I opened a CC with NFCU last year so that line is a little over a year old, and obtained a new car loan this past April - those are my two new accounts.) I asked her to look at my other credit cards and gas card for their age, as the oldest CC was opened a month after BK and have never had a late payment, and the card's limit has grown with me. (No late payments since BK, period.) Gas card was from before BK and never had late payments ever. I also pointed out my 4+ years of perfect payment history on my mortgage to also hopefully show stability. She put me on hold again. When she came back she said at this time it has to move up 1 more level for further review and I will be notified by mail within 5-10 business days, but that I'm welcome to call the app status line in the next 24-48 business hours.

Is this a good sign??? Initial recon denied but on the fly she reviewed again then sent to the next level for further review?

*fingers crossed*

I think it's a good sign.  For someone that doesn't know their score you laid out a good argument for reconsideration!  If it wasn't for FNBO free EX Fico I wouldn't know my own score either, but fortunately a Credit Analyst hasn't asked me that question yet Smiley Happy

Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 4 of 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

it certainly can't be a bad sign, so call it a good sign, and keep us posted!  fingers crossed!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 21
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Hope is good. And inquiring minds want to know!
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, it can go either way.  A senior analyst typically reviews it and will make that determination.  Sometimes the outcome is good and sometimes it's not.  If approved, great - you're in with Chase.  If not, all is not lost - once your credit profile improves then you can apply with them again.  The 50K bonus promotion floats around frequently.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BluSkye wrote:

*fingers crossed*

Interesting since i was approved with one 3 month old Auto loan, one 8 month old Auto loan, and a 1 year old auto loan.

Message 8 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@BluSkye wrote:

*fingers crossed*

Interesting since i was approved with one 3 month old Auto loan, one 8 month old Auto loan, and a 1 year old auto loan.

The U/W criteria is different for the above scenario... do you have BK on your profile?  do you and the OP have the same exact credit profile? Same scores accross the board, AAoA, income?

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BluSkye wrote:

*fingers crossed*

The U/W criteria is different for the above scenario... do you have BK on your profile?  do you and the OP have the same exact credit profile? Same scores accross the board, AAoA, income?

No BK, 3yr 4mo AAoA, 678 EX FICO, 2 6yr old C/O's, 2 2yr old Medical Collections

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.