Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Status Line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Status Line

Hi! Applied on 6/24 for the Chase Freedom Platinum. Got the 7-10 day message and about a week later, got a letter from their Fraud Dept. I called and verified personal information and they said another 7-10 days. A week after that, received the same letter. Called again and was told to disregard 2nd letter but to send them a copy of my DL for proof of residence and DOB. Did that and waited a week before calling again. This whole time the status line said 7-10 business days. Upon calling was told she would expedite my app and find my faxed documents and she call back in 24-48 hrs. She called back on Tuesday and said she received the docs and app was put in for processing and I'd here in about 7-10 days. After I hung up, I called the status line to see what it would say and it was different - said 'we received your app on 6/24 and you will hear from us in writing in approximately 2 weeks'. I called today and now it's back to the 7-10 day message?? I'm SO confused???? If I'm denied, I am going to be truly upset after going through all these hoops with Chase. Doesn't make sense to be declined after having to provide all this information over the last month. Any thoughts on why these status messages keep changing? I thought the 7-10 day message was a way of saying denied or need more info? Could it be that it's finally been processed?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Status Line

Chase: 888-245-0625 Credit Analyst

Call this number and see what they say.If you're declined, that is also the recon line. Ask for manual review & plead your case.

You're a month removed from app, you should definitely have an answer by now.

☮ & ❤
Message 2 of 14
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar situation aftr submitting these docs but call the above mentioned number n ul mostly gt ur approval, hoping no baddies in ur CR.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I called and they need yet another copy of my license. Apparently they couldn't read the one I sent. At least I'm a little ahead of it as a letter was just sent and I probably wouldn't get it for close to another week! I'll go fax it again tomorrow. I feel a sense of relief as I've been having to verify all this info for weeks and a denial would have really ticked me off! Everyone I've talked to said that I am being approved as Chase wouldn't go through all this trouble verifying me for nothing! And yes - credit is good - 729 with 1 major card 10K and a few retail stores!
Message 4 of 14
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Same thing for me. They said my d license was fully darkened whwn they received it. Dont worry then,, u can start deciding ur first purchase with ur card now itself.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you were approved after going through the same issue as me right? I just knew when the status lines message went back to 7-10 days that something was up!!
Message 6 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Must be standard for Chase for new customers? I went through the same Monday, called Recon, (Fantastic! Folks!), verified they received my Fax for ID verify, and then they pushed through the approval instead of having to wait any longer. Chase Recon Reps seems to be everything bragged about in these forums.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just faxed my license through an Iphone app now and will go do it again tomorrow to be safe. I called to let them know and they said it could take 1-2 weeks before they 'see it' in the system! WHAT!?! Should I call them on Monday?? I really don't want to wait another week and have them tell me AGAIN that they can't see it on the fax! This is crazy!! This better be worth the aggravation....if they decline me, I will lose it! ;-)
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh...you called Monday - when did you fax the info? And what # did you call - I called the one above in this thread....they made it seem like I had to wait it out, but I didn't push...was concerned about how long this was taking and the fax situation....
Message 9 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh...you called Monday - when did you fax the info? And what # did you call - I called the one above in this thread....they made it seem like I had to wait it out, but I didn't push...was concerned about how long this was taking and the fax situation....

App'd Monday, got the 7-10 response, called in 5 minutes later to a regular CSR and answered a cascade of security questions but the CSR said (foreign voice) more needed for ID whatever, i would get a letter, Blah Blah, Blah so i straightway lit up the Recon ringer, was asked to Fax in a copy of my DL and after that call, called back again to see if they got it yet. They did, and answered some more questions, this time regarding certain other CC's Length of History Smiley Wink etc. All this the same day. Just waiting for it to arrive.

The Recon rep was very polite and specifically was interested ONLY in how many cards were at least at 1 year history FWIW.

Chase: 888-245-0625 Credit Analyst

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.