Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Suspended My Cards

tag
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Suspended My Cards

I don't think it's against myficos tos but def frowned upon by credit issuers. I don't engage in it but the short explanation is buying reloadable credit cards to earn points or meet spend. You then use those cards to pay bills essentially obtaining points and meeting spending goals without actually being out any money. Your basically paying off things you would have had to anyway. You can always overpay some bills to make spend but some people dont have the di sposable income to do so. You can also earn more points this way if the issuer is having a promotion in lets say certain stores that sell reloadable cards. Amex is one example. Mods feel free to delete should you deem this information inappropriate. 

Message 61 of 235
JLK93
Established Contributor

@HeilFico wrote:

I don't think it's against myficos tos but def frowned upon by credit issuers. I don't engage in it but the short explanation is buying reloadable credit cards to earn points or meet spend. You then use those cards to pay bills essentially obtaining points and meeting spending goals without actually being out any money. Your basically paying off things you would have had to anyway. Mods feel free to delete should you deem this information inappropriate. 

It can also get your accounts shut down.

Message 62 of 235
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@HeilFico wrote:

I don't think it's against myficos tos but def frowned upon by credit issuers. I don't engage in it but the short explanation is buying reloadable credit cards to earn points or meet spend. You then use those cards to pay bills essentially obtaining points and meeting spending goals without actually being out any money. Your basically paying off things you would have had to anyway. Mods feel free to delete should you deem this information inappropriate. 

It can also get your accounts shut down.

Very true. Not advisable to do unless you don't mind having that card shut down. 

Message 63 of 235
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Since we are talking about MS and Churning......I run a small business through Google Adwords. Before I got my Discover it card last month, I used my business merchant check debit card. I run about $3500 to $4000 a month which Google automatically withdraws when the balance hits $500.00 (basically $500.00 to $1000.00 per week).  I started using my Discover It card just recently in place of the business merchant check debit card ($1500.00 so far spent on my new Discover It ) since my Discover has a CL of 8k.....and plan to PIF before statement cuts.....Is this considered MS? I'm not churning for points and I am not into churning.....Can someone tell me if they think this is okay?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 64 of 235
kroberts67
Established Contributor

I googled before I read this and found ugly threads with tough sounding posters but I get it.  It was like reading the scary black sheep cousins of myfico.  Eeek.  I feel dirty now and I'm off to take a shower!

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the OP did not do this.  The term MS popped up and I didn't know what it meant so I asked. 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 65 of 235
NoNonsense
Established Member

@kroberts67 wrote:

I googled before I read this and found ugly threads with tough sounding posters but I get it.  It was like reading the scary black sheep cousins of myfico.  Eeek.  I feel dirty now and I'm off to take a shower!

Thank you, I always love the shower updates...

Message 66 of 235
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

Since we are talking about MS and Churning......I run a small business through Google Adwords. Before I got my Discover it card last month, I used my business merchant check debit card. I run about $3500 to $4000 a month which Google automatically withdraws when the balance hits $500.00 (basically $500.00 to $1000.00 per week).  I started using my Discover It card just recently in place of the business merchant check debit card ($1500.00 so far spent on my new Discover It ) since my Discover has a CL of 8k.....and plan to PIF before statement cuts.....Is this considered MS? I'm not churning for points and I am not into churning.....Can someone tell me if they think this is okay?

I don't see how that can be classified as MS.  It would be no different for when I use my to autopay my monthly bills.  Thanks, Barry

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 67 of 235
NoNonsense
Established Member

@kroberts67 wrote:

EDIT: Let me reiterate that the OP did not do this.  The term MS popped up and I didn't know what it meant so I asked. 

How are you so sure about what the OP really did or didn't do?!?  

Message 68 of 235
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

Of couse we can't be SURE he didn't but he did specificly say in his OP that he didn't. 

Message 69 of 235
NoNonsense
Established Member

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@NoNonsense wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

Of couse we can't be SURE he didn't but he did specificly say in his OP that he didn't. 

I know he SAID that.  I also know another fact: Chase are not stupid or irrational people.  So?.....  

Message 70 of 235
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.